1. A General Body meeting may be an Ordinary or a Special General Body Meeting.
2. The Ordinary General Body Meeting shall be held every year. The Executive Committee shall fix the place and date. Member Associations shall be notified in writing at least 30 (thirty) days in advance. In case of an Ordinary Annual General Body Meeting (AGM) where the elections are held, the nomination forms and electoral college shall be sent together with the above notification at least 30 (thirty) days in advance. The formal convocation shall be made in writing at least 15 (fifteen) days before the date of the Ordinary General Body Meeting. This convocation shall contain the agenda, the financial statements and the Auditors' report.
3. The Executive Committee may convene a Special General Body Meeting at any time.
4. The Executive Committee shall convene a Special General Body Meeting if one-third of the Member Associations make such a request in writing. The request shall specify the items for the agenda. A Special General Body Meeting shall be held within 60 (sixty) days of receipt of the request.
5. The Members shall be notified of the place, date and agenda at least 30 (thirty) days before the date of a Special General Body Meeting. The agenda of a Special General Body Meeting may not be altered.
6. The ‘Honorary President’ and persons specially designated by the General Body along with the members of the Executive Committee and the General Secretary of the AIFF shall be called to attend the General Body Meetings in a consultative capacity.
7. The Executive Committee may invite third parties to attend the General Body Meetings. Third parties have no voting rights and can be consulted with the permission of the Executive Committee.
8. The Annual General Body Meeting shall be convened within nine months following the end of the Financial Year of AIFF, however, in special circumstances the Executive Committee may extend this time by a maximum of three months.
9. Notices of all meetings shall be issued by the General Secretariat.
10. The quorum for the Annual or Special General Body Meetings shall be 50% of the Members plus one.
1. Each Permanent Member (Permanent Member means a Football Association of a State or Union Territory as specified in the Constitution of India, which has been granted permanent affiliation to the AIFF) has one vote in the General Body Meeting and is represented by its delegate. Voting by proxy or by letter is not permitted.
2. Delegates must belong to the Permanent Member that they represent and be nominated by the appropriate body of that Permanent Member. Nominations shall be signed by the President or the Honorary/General Secretary of the Permanent Member. In case of conflict the nomination signed by the President shall be treated as valid. However, no one can represent as a delegate who is criminally convicted by the court.
3. A member of the Executive Committee of AIFF shall not have voting right during the Annual and Special General Body Meetings of AIFF. He shall not be nominated as the representative of the respective Member Association during his tenure as member of the Executive Committee of AIFF.
4. The President shall conduct the General Body Meeting business in compliance with the Standing Orders of the General Body.