The Indian National Team (NT) is
preparing to participate in the AFC Asian Cup 2022 followed by other FIFA,
Asian Games’, Olympic Games’, SAFF campaigns. The AIFF is seeking to appoint technical
and support staff that will prepare the NT to deliver its best-ever results in
The Assistant Coach will participate in the
technical and tactical development and performance of the team under the direction
of the Head Coach. Apart from being the technical assistant to the Head Coach,
the incumbent will also be expected to work in concert with the rest of the
support staff with the prime motive of maintaining the progress of the team in
all respects. This position will be key link in the development of players who
will influence Indian football for the next decade and more.
The training schedules of the team could
be at various locations in India and overseas and the incumbent will be
expected to travel and stay with the team as per the programme.
- Participate in implementing a development program for the squad as per the plan of the Head Coach.
- Work in concert with the team staff that may include goalkeeping coach, fitness trainer, physio, team manager, analyst & others, keeping the goal of sustaining the team’s development as top priority.
- Participate in conducting scouting programs, trials and maintain player data.
- Assist Head Coach and Manager in maintaining calendars and reports of the team’s program and results.
- Make efficient use of the available resources. Seek financial approvals from the team manager wherever required.
- Maintain exemplary personal behavior to maintain and enhance the status of the Indian National team. Be a mentor and role model to the young players in the team. Be sensitive to the differences in the cultural background of players expected to be part of an Indian national team.
- Participate in/contribute to any seminars/teaching programs/conferences/etc. organized by the key stakeholders viz., All India Football Federation &/or the Sports Authority of India in relation to the incumbent’s domain of expertise.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Team performance vis-à-vis the goals set in International competitions
- Head Coach assessment
to be established and reviewed in consultation with Head Coach.
- At least 5 years of experience as head coach of a football team. Experience with female teams will be an advantage.
- Holder of AFC A License in coaching or equivalent or having playing experience as follows:
- at least 10 years in top-flight Club/national football in India or overseas.
- Graduate in any discipline from a Government of India recognized institution or university.
- Good communicator in Hindi and English. Other Indian languages will be a plus.
- Willing to drive own development as coach through AFC/FIFA recognized courses and licenses.
- Able to visualize and pursue ambitious goals that may disrupt the prevailing scenario and take Indian football to great heights.
- Pleasing personality with professional attitude; willing and able to strike rapport with youth from different cultures in an environment with language limitations.
- Proven leadership skills and respectful attitude towards subordinates in high-pressure moments. Willing and able to create a legacy for Indian football.
- A satisfactory level of ability in using applications like Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Cover letter/CV should mention references from recognized national federations/associations with whom the candidate has worked.
- Candidates should be willing to produce documents, as asked for, for background checks/due diligence. The documents will include, among others, original certificates in support of date of birth, educational & professional qualifications, experience certificates, etc. along with one set of self-attested photocopies.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week after the application deadline. Shortlisted candidates should be ready to present themselves for interview/s in person within a week or earlier. In certain unavoidable circumstances, the interview/s could be conducted through a webcam over the internet. Related travel & lodging/boarding expenses will have to be borne by the candidate. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview/s.
- The selected candidate will be expected to join the Indian national team immediately/latest within a week of selection.
- As the job may involve regular overseas travel, a candidate is expected to hold a valid passport and should be able to produce documents, if asked for, to prove his/her worthiness to travel.
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to email@example.com with the position applied for clearly stated in the subject line.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.