India will host the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2020. It will be the
first time the country hosts a women’s tournament event from the world football governing body. This is an important event of the FIFA calendar, with 16 countries playing 32 games in 5 venues across India. It has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars, among them 16 senior World Champions and will be the one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history. The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to showcase India though- out the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organising an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Women’s Football in India, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be responsible of the implementation of all Travel & Transport Operations for the LOC. In order to fulfil this role, it must operationalize the strategies on the different areas that are related with Transport: movement of Teams, delegates and equipment. Transportation and installation of overlays at Venues, coordination with Government Agencies for (such as Ministry of External Affairs, Airports Authority of India, etc), coordination with Government Agencies for Visa Procedures, coordination with foreign embassies for their visa requirements and others.
He / She must work together with FIFA, AIFF and the Venues to generate contact and establish agreements with all the vendors / contractors of transport and coordinate the FIFA Requirements.
He / she must work together with the Executive Leadership of the LOC to generate strategies, action plans, protocols and business plans with the goal of fulfilling the Mission and Vision of the Organization.
- Understand and Assist in the implementation of detailed Transport plans in all the areas under his/her responsibility.
- Maintain a master schedule of at least 6 months with all Transport Movements (Ground and Air).
- Execution of all transport plans for all events leading up to the main tournament (FIFA Visits, Draw, Promotional Events, etc.)
- Assist the Head of Logistics in overseeing the Transport Operations in all 5 Venues during the Tournament
- Assist the Logistics department with all the requirements of the LOC in terms of Air Travel, Ground Transport, Visa, etc.
- Liaise with the LOC Travel Agency for the day to day requirements of the LOC in terms of Air Travel, Ground Transport, Hotels, etc.
- Implement the FIFA Requirements in the Transport Area for movements of Teams, Delegates, Equipments, etc.
- Work with Central and State Government Departments for assistance from Local Traffic Police, Security, Vehicle Movements, etc.
- Work with the Operations team to identify possible solutions for the
transportation issues that each stadium, training sites and hotels may present.
- Be the main point of contact for all the contractors / vendors in the Transport Area.
- Daily updates and reports to the Head of Logistics about the state of progress in the Transport Area
Personnel in Charge:
Will be agreed by the Head of Logistics and Tournament Director once the hiring process ends and there is a definite plan for this area.
Key Performance Indicators:
Will be communicated in due time in accordance with the goals established between FIFA and the LOC for the World Cup. The indicators will be calculated on the basis of the preparedness of the Venues, FIFA ́s satisfaction with overall operational requirements.
- Administrator, Travel Operator, Project Manager or any other Professional that has worked on the Operations, Logistics, Transport, Competitions or Venue
Management Areas in Public or Private Companies
- Two years of minimum relevant experience.
- Experience in implementing Competitions and Events.
- Experience dealing in the following areas: Transport, Logistics, Customs and Government Relations
- Capability to understand and measure the effectiveness of the policies that are put in place.
- Ability to work and find solutions under pressure
- Abilities in Negotiations and Conflict Resolutions
- Experience in tendering processes, ideally in Transport and Logistics areas.
- Experience in Ground Transport and Air Transport movements
- Good knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Work Experience in Sport Organisations is a Plus
- Work Experience in Government Agencies is a Plus
- Work Experience in Tours and Travel is a Plus
- Knowledge of Airline Booking Systems is a Plus
- Postgraduate degree in Sports Management, Operations, Logistics, Management or similar is a plus.
- Respectful attitude towards subordinates in high-pressure moments.
Note: This job description works as a reference of the responsibilities involved in this position. It is expected that the employee will execute other reasonable tasks asked by the Head of Department & Tournament Director.