India is proud to be hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing a total of 32 games. The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history. The tournament has a huge worldwide reach and is a golden opportunity to showcase to the world, our cities, culture, and the capability of organizing an event meeting the highest standards.
Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence on Indian Football and is primed to be a game changer for Football Vision in India through upgradation of infrastructure, improved game operations standards, and refining the overall quality of the game.
This position will be responsible for the overall readiness and training sites operation as well as monitoring and reporting on the pitch management activities at the respective host cities (Bhubaneswar/Goa/Navi Mumbai).
He/she will work extensively with FIFA’s venue representatives, other LOC Departments, pitch maintenance contractors, other LOC contractors on the overall stadium pitch and training site readiness at the respective venue. This position will report to the Training Sites and Pitch Management Manager and Head of Competitions and Team Services.
- Responsible for daily monitoring and reporting (daily/weekly) on all pitch maintenance activities at the stadium and training sites at the respective venue.
- Responsible for the coordination of delivery and installation of all field of play equipment (Goal Posts, Corner Flags, Team Benches, etc.) and training equipment at the stadium and training sites.
- Work alongside colleagues within the Competitions and Team Services Department (Team Services, Referee Services, Medical) to ensure the readiness of training sites and scheduling of training sessions.
- Work alongside other LOC Departments to ensure training sites readiness for the tournament as per FIFA requirements.
- Assist the Training Site and Pitch Management Manager on the necessary training site requirements regarding team training times, training site equipment and appropriate accreditation.
- Provide necessary training to the Training Site Volunteers on the day-to-day running of the Training Sites and report all matters to the Training Site and Pitch Management Manager.
- Overseeing the handover of training site pitches, the field of play equipment, and training equipment after the closing of the respective venue.
- Create daily and venue closure report after the closing of the respective venue.
- Support the Competitions and Team Services department for any other matters involving Competitions and Team Services, as reasonably required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sports Administration, or related fields.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in Sports Event and Facilities Management, preferably within international sporting events, leagues, and international sports organisations is a plus;
- Knowledge and interest towards pitch management is a plus;
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to solve problems, negotiations, and conflict resolutions
- Excellent ability to maintain focus and adapt and work well under pressure
- Reliable and committed to meeting defined quality standards and deadlines
- Confident and comfortable working in a multicultural and international environment;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Teams);
This position requires the selected candidate to tentatively start between 05th to 12th September 2022 at their allotted venue, upon the culmination of the hiring process.
Interested applicants should mail their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org The last date for submitting applications is September 02, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview. LOC reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.