India will host the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup in 2020. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body for women. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing 36 games in 4 venues. The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience of about 200 million viewers from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be responsible for managing all the Team Services Operations for the LOC. In order to fulfil this role, it will be the first point of contact from the LOC with the participant Teams of the World Cup and must ensure that all of their requirements are met on a timely basis. It will be heavily involved in the staffing, training and monitoring of the Team Liaison Officers. This position will also be extremely important in preparing all the material and coordinate all the requisites for the Team Workshop during the Official Draw.
This position must have a thorough understanding of what a sports delegation needs, what are the procedures for entry and exit of athletes and equipment in India and how movements and transport are coordinated.
He/She must work together with the Executive Leadership of the LOC to generate strategies, action plans, protocols and business plans with the goal of fulfilling the Mission and Vision of the Organization.
- Work with the various departments of the LOC to deliver top class services for the participating teams;
- Be responsible for team requests before, during and after the tournament;
- Develop team services documents for the operations manual of the LOC;
- Coordinate and work with relevant authorities for processing all visa requests of qualified teams;
- Assist other LOC departments in developing comprehensive transport schedule and accommodation plan for the participating teams;
- Coordinate all the Team requisites, such as visa, transportation and venue visits for the Official Draw;
- Prepare welcome packages for Team workshop in the Official Draw;
- Ensuring all relevant requests from the participating teams are met in a timely and efficient manner by coordinating with other LOC departments;
- Coordinate with and assist in-venue staff for any matters involving participating teams;
- Support the staffing of the Venue Team Services Manager and develop a comprehensive training programme for them;
- Coordinate the daily work of all the Venue Team Services Managers;
- Coordinate with other LOC departments and assist in the selection of the team liaison officers;
- Prepare content and assist in the delivery of the TLO workshop during the Official Draw;
- Manage the team liaison officers throughout their term of engagement with the LOC.
- Work with team liaison officers to resolve any issues faced by the participating team;
- Support the Transport Manager in the development of a method to track team movements and TLO requests;
- Ensure that all changes involving the Teams are duly communicated to the relevant Departments;
- Assist in any ancillary Events that may involve the participation
- Report weekly to the Tournament Director and Head of Operations regarding progress and issues;
- Assist in creating project closure and transfer of knowledge reports after the tournament;
- Assist Head of Competitions for any other matters involving participating teams.
Personnel in Charge:
Will be agreed by the Tournament Directors once this hiring process ends and there is a definite plan for this area.
Key Performance Indicators:
Will be communicated in due time in accordance with the goals established between FIFA and the LOC for the World Cup. The indicators will be calculated on the basis of the completion of all matters related to Team Services, FIFA´s satisfaction with the Team Services and requirements met in a timely manner.
- Three (3) Years of Minimum experience in either the Hospitality, Events or Sports Management industries. Preference will given to candidates with prior experience in International Sports Federations. No applications will be considered if this requirement is not met;
- Administrator, Hospitality Management, Sports Management or any other Professional that has worked on the Management, Sports Event Management, Hospitality Management or Operations Areas of Public or Private Companies;
- Experience in dealing with large delegations and their different transport, food, accommodation and ancillary requests;
- Knowledge of all the visa and customs procedures in India;
- Experience dealing with the following work areas: Customs, Hospitality, Guest Management, Project Management, Operations, Sports Management;
- Demonstrated stakeholder relationship management and prior experience working with sporting delegations;
- Ability to multitask, strong time management and organisational skills;
- Analytic capability to measure the effectiveness of the policies that are put into place;
- Ability to elaborate Gantt Charts and forecasting future calendars with at least a 6-month span;
- Ability to solve problems, negotiations and conflict resolutions;
- High-Level knowledge of Microsoft Office Platform, particularly Excel, Word and Powerpoint;
- Expertly written and spoken knowledge of English, any foreign language.
- Proven leadership skills and respectful attitude towards subordinates in high-pressure moments.
- Work experience in sports organizations is a plus;
- Postgraduate degree in Hospitality, Management, Sports Administration and similar is a plus;
Experience in entrepreneurship is a plus.