Background: India will host the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup in 2020. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body for women. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing 36 games in 4 venues. The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup has been a key steppingstone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience of about 200 million viewers from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
Job Description: This position will be responsible for supporting the management of the day-to-day relationship with the Stadiums at the World Cup Venues for the LOC. In order to fulfil this role, it must establish a strong rapport with key stakeholders at the Venue Level (Stadium Authority), to ensure that compliance is maintained in every aspect.
The Stadium Operations Manager must monitor the on-ground completion of the deliverables at the Venue Level, particularly in the infrastructure and regulatory front, to ensure a safe, effective and efficient operation of stadiums and training sites during the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the overall stadium operations prior to the Tournament.
• Establish a relationship with all the Stakeholders of the Venues to ensure the timely compliance of all infrastructure and regulatory requirements for the Tournament.
• Ensure the compliance of infrastructure and regulatory matters for stadiums for handover to their respective venue teams in the lead up to the tournament.
• Supervise that all procedures related to infrastructure, regulations, services and utilities in stadiums and training sites are carried out as per the agreements reached with FIFA.
• Support the Project Managers in the management of the relationship with the different specialist consultants for infrastructure and services, including Infrastructure Agency, Energy Consultant, Pitch Management Agency, etc.
• Work closely with the Head of Venues at each of the venues to ensure that all infrastructure and regulatory compliances are met.
• Support the LOC Project Manager (East) for Overlays to ensure that the requirements for stadiums are met as agreed with all Functional areas
Job Description – Stadium Operations Manager (LOC, FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020) 1
• Supervise the setup, maintenance and management of all utilities and services at stadiums to ensure compliance with all functional operations for the facilities.
• Oversee the preparedness process for stadiums prior to the start of the Competition.
• Support the Project Managers (East & West) in the process of delivering accurate and up to date stadium plans by the infrastructure consultants.
• Support the Volunteers Manager in the selection and training of volunteers for the venues operations area
• Ensure the adherence to all policies and procedures as approved by the LOC
• Report on a weekly basis to the Project Managers (East & West) regarding the Progress of the Venue readiness and establish a plan of actions to comply with benchmarks and timelines.
• Responsible for the management of all venue documentation including but not limited to the Venues task forces of the LOC
• Track the requirements of FIFA in the infrastructure, services, utilities and regulatory and prepare contingencies plans in case the requisites change.
• Close all Venue matters and reporting by 30 days after the end of the Tournament.
• Additional duties as event development may warrant
Personnel in Charge: Will be agreed by the Tournament Director and the Project Managers (East & West) once this hiring process ends and there is a definite plan for this area.
Key Performance Indicators: Will be communicated in due time by the Tournament Director in accordance with the goals established between FIFA and the LOC for the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup India 2020. The indicators will be calculated on the basis of the preparedness of the Venues, FIFA’s satisfaction with the Venue and requirements met in a timely manner.
• Two to four years of experience in event management.
• Diploma or degree in sports management, administration or related field. A combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience may be accepted
• Working knowledge of special event operations, venue operations, overlay, facility management and project management.
• Experience managing multiple stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Strong organisational skills, time management, communication skills and attention to detail required
• Strong budget and delivery experience in project planning and management. Excellent computer knowledge which includes excel and demonstrated skills in project management
• Effective leadership and people management skills with an ability to build rapport
• Capacity to process a wide range of information and communicate it clearly to relevant stakeholders. Excellent presentation, listening and consulting skills.
• Ability to remain open to suggestions and not easily intimidated by challenges.
• Proven capacity to cope effectively under pressure and not easily phased by stress
• Stadium operations experience is a plus.
• Working experience on infrastructure projects is a plus
• Working knowledge of sports pitches is a plus
• Experience in dealing with different Government organisations is a plus
• Strong service-oriented approach.