Background: India will host the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup in 2020. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body for women. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing 36 games in 4 venues. The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup has been a key steppingstone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience of about 200 million viewers from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
Job Description: This position will be responsible for assisting on the Overlays process for the Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 and any ancillary events. The selected candidate is required to develop a clear understanding of all requirements, research materials/elements and quality specifications in order to support all functional areas involved with the event.
This job description works as a reference of the responsibilities involved in this position. It is expected that the employee will execute other reasonable tasks asked by the Tournament Director or Project Managers (East ) under the supervision of the Project Managers (East) for Overlays and ensure all processes for the area of procurement is followed as per required norms and in line with tournament requirements in order to support the overall delivery of the event.
The placement of Overlays will be in all venues where the LOC is conducting the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup 2020 and ancillary events across any facility associated with the event including stadiums, training sites, hotels, airport, etc.
Under the guidance of the Project Manager (East), he/she must work together with all LOC Departments, FIFA, Government of India, State Governments and any other relevant stakeholders to account for the overall overlay planning, scheduling and delivery for the event. The planning for Overlays must also account for the estimated cash flow structure as well as govt. systems for disbursement of payments.
He/She must work in close coordination with the Executive Leadership of the LOC to comply with the goal of ready facilities in the World Cup.
• Support in the compilation of information from all LOC functional areas as per FIFA requirements and any external stakeholders, ie. Security, relating to Overlays deployment at stadiums, training sites, hotels and airports on the different Venues.
• To prepare a master calendar ensuring the timely publication/execution of tenders as per legal requirements and engage on all items required for the issuance of subsequent work orders.
• To support the Project Manager (East) to build in contingency planning with alternative suppliers in the eventuality of the disqualification or non-performance of any selected bidder to protect the delivery of the event.
• To support in the interviews and staffing process for venue teams for Overlays.
• To coordinate and support venue teams with the implementation of overlays at the stadiums and other facilities and in particular with the preparation of reports for post-event accounts and billing.
• Work with the Project Manager (East) in the application of systems of budget control within the functional area and supervise the compliance of the same by venue teams.
• Support in the creation of the final report including all key milestones for Overlays for the Tournament.
• Develop the work in a manner consistent with the values of the organization.
• Involvement in other functions that may be required by the LOC Leadership from time to time.
• Elaborate the Overlays Plan that must be presented to FIFA.
Personnel in Charge: Will be agreed by the Tournament Director and the Project Managers (East & West) once this hiring process ends and there is a definite plan for this area.
Key Performance Indicators: Will be communicated in due time by the Tournament Director in accordance with the goals established between FIFA and the LOC for the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup India 2020. The indicators will be calculated on the basis of the preparedness of the Venues, FIFA’s satisfaction with the Overlays and requirements met in a timely manner.
• Professional with extensive experience in the execution of events in India dependent on production and implementation of overlays.
• Clear understanding of procurement & overlays and in particular with project management for the function.
• Meticulous, detail oriented with a strong ability to organize and structure planning to support on ground delivery.
• Budget control and efficiency along with a clear understanding of cash flow.
• Clear understanding of operational planning and implementation logic in line with local conditions.
• Capacity to elaborate reports on Overlays for the LOC Leadership.
• Advance level in AUTO CAD ,Microsoft Office Platforms, particularly Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Strong analytical capability.
• Proven capability to work calmly under pressure in a team environment.