India will host the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup in 2020. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing 36 games in 4 venues across India. The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience of about 200 million viewers from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standard.
The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be to work on all day to day matters and coordination with all functional areas related to the delivery of the tournament.
The Tournament Operations manager will report on the project management of the tournament to the Tournament Director to enable the director to implement strategies, action plans, protocols and business plans that have as an objective fulfil the Mission and Vision of the Organization.
1. Tournament Operation manager will report to the Tournament Director on the day to day
administrative matters for the LOC including recruitment process & venues administrative matters. 2. The person responsible will work closely with the Tournament Director on the strategy, planning and execution of all responsibilities towards the delivery of the tournament. 3. Will work across functional areas and be responsible to monitor the project planning and
report to the Tournament Director 4. Work closely on all compliance & governance matters with the Tournament Director and
oversee all documentation process for the LOC 5. Work closely with the Tournament Director on stakeholder management both internal &
external 6. Work closely with the Tournament Director on the daily scheduling and planning. 7. Maintain and enforce the values of the LOC
Personnel in Charge: Will be agreed by the Tournament Director once this hiring process ends and there is a definite plan for this area.
Key Performance Indicators:
Will be communicated in due time by the Tournament Director in accordance with the goals established between FIFA and the LOC for the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup India 2020. The indicators will be calculated on the basis of the Event deliverables and Event requirements met in a timely manner.
• Full university education in streams such as Sports Events – Venue Management, Operations, Project management or others related;
• At least 3 years working experience in Sports Events and experience working for a FIFA Tournament would be an asset and 1 year in leadership positions;
• Knowledge of the following Areas: Venue Management, Operations, Tournament Operations, Communication
• Experience in sports events and/or project management, ideally in the sports industry;
• Experience with client management; creating proposals; financial planning etc would be an asset
• Strong analytical capacity; attention to detail, managing & creating documents
• Highly motivated with leadership capacity, and ability to make quick decisions in high pressure situation and a team player
• Time management & resource management skills
• Experience of working with multiple stakeholders and strong communication skills is an asset
• Excellent written and oral skills; strict adherence to confidentiality and professional ethics
• Advanced Level of English; Advanced Level of knowledge in Microsoft Office platforms such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
• Work Experience in sports is a plus; and in particular working in a central role for sports event would be an advantage • Work Experience in start-up companies is an asset.