All India Football Federation (AIFF) is looking for qualified professionals to join us as Safeguarding and Safety Officer responsible for creating overall positive environment for young players by keeping them safe from abuse, discrimination and harassment and safeguarding them from those who are deemed unsuitable to be working with children, and from harmful practices.
- The Safeguarding & Safety Officer is the key person that receives reports concerning the welfare of Athletes/ Participants, coordinates the management of the reports and responds to queries in relation to this Policy.
- Proactively conduct safeguarding related risk assessments, putting in place relevant control measures that leads to informed decisions.
- Raise awareness of, and provide clarity on, what constitutes harassment and abuse and design a comprehensive framework in alignment with best practices for reporting incidents and case management of harassment and abuse.
- To ensure FIFA´s safeguarding requirements and measures for the competition are aligned with the local legal and socio-cultural context and employ effective and efficient operational strategies to embed safeguarding and child protection best practices.
- Sound knowledge of acts and provisions related to child protection laws of resident and host countries for competition and develop adaptable safeguarding initiatives in collaboration with all the stakeholders across the value chain.
- Consulting and liaising with all the stakeholders, government and non-government to enable effective, professional discussion of referrals, reviews and recommendations according to a young player’s safety, belonging and wellbeing needs.
- Undertakes field visits and surrounding areas, for the purpose of monitoring project activities and, where necessary, carrying out rapid assessments in emergency. Prepares and shares trip reports in a timely manner on results of visits and project process, possible challenges and pertaining solutions before the competition.
- Liaise with the authorities and officials of resident and host countries to support with timely engagements and partnerships in investigations, documentation and closure on reported incident.
- Delivering high quality casework support and advice to assist in making decisions about the safety, belonging and wellbeing of young players.
- Providing culturally appropriate, practical prevention and early intervention support services to young players.
- Organize workshops and train supervising staff, volunteers for effective implementation of the policy and framework.
Female Candidates are preferred.
- Ideal candidate would hold a Bachelor's degree or MBA.
- Minimum of Three - Five years of experience in managing and implementing projects in the area of safeguarding, or protection for an international or domestic organization.
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment, and under emergency conditions.
- Creativity, flexibility and integrity in the design of programs, communication and information sharing, selection of partners, and interaction with civil society and government institutions
- Proven ability to manage budgets, write proposals, investigations and documentations in complaint with AIFF standards and industry best practices.
- Former sports persons would be preferred.
- Having Sporting achievements.
Interested candidates should mail their applications along with CVs at email@example.com with the subject as “Application for the Post of “Safeguarding and Safety Officer” . Last date of Application is 3rd March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called to attend interview at a time & date which will be communicated via email. AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.