JOB DESCRIPTION / PERSON SPECIFICATION
Job Title Professional Match Official Coach (PMOC)
Reports to Chief Refereeing Officer (CRO)
Location Home-based with occasional requirement for travel
Starting date ASAP
The Elite Refereeing Development Plan (ERDP) supports the management and development of Elite match officials in India operating in the Indian Super League, I-League, Super Cup, Durand Cup, I-League Division 2, Santosh Trophy as well as other Nationally recognised competitions and tournaments. The CRO has ultimate responsibility for identifying, training, development and mentoring of all Elite match officials.
To deliver the quality of match officials required by the competitions, the ERDP Project Board supports the recruitment of 4 PMOCsassigned to Elite match officials whilst working in a hybrid training team of coaches to consistently analyse match officials’ performance. In addition, the Coach will initiate and generate, distribute and personally deliver frequent technical training material across each Elite Group with prime responsibility for one Elite Group. The 4 Coaches will embed a “Learn and Grow” culture across the whole group of Elite match officials whilst also supporting the Referee Assessor Manager enabling high performance training material to be delivered to all Referee Assessors and grass roots match officials inspiring the Elite of Tomorrow.
Responsible to the CRO, the Coach will have the key tasks of coaching, mentoring and developing assigned matches officials within the Elite Groups, overall responsibility for an Elite Groupwithin the hybrid coaching system, as well as generating and delivering frequent training material. Mandatory attendance will be required at the Professional Match Officials’ weekly training meeting. The ultimate aim is to improve standards and consistency of officiating.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
The Coach will have responsibility of the day-to-day interface and coaching/development of Elite match officials individually and as a Group. This will include:
- Being responsible for the coaching, mentoring and development of assigned Elite match officials
- Being responsible for the coaching, mentoring and development of an assigned Elite match official Group
- Working with the CRO, Referee Assessor Manager and ERDP Department staff to promote the development of all match officials
- Representing and promoting the interests of Elite match officials and the organisations and competitions they represent with external stakeholders and organisations
- Where appropriate, talent spot for the next generation of Indian Elite referees
- Provide effective support for match officials. This will include creating an action plan for each match official (based on maintaining their strengths and improving identified areas of development) and monitoring their performance against the agreedactions.The action plan should be two-centred with the individual match official being involved in design.
- Review all ISL and I-League live televised games when appointed as the Primary or Supporting Coach.
- Attend matches as the Coach when directed by the CRO. Provide a coaching report.
- Together with the individual match official, fully critique completed game assessments to build up on ongoing game-on-game picture of the match official’s strengths and areas of development. Assess against the action plan.
- Maintain a full record of the match officials’ self-evaluation forms.
- Provide motivational support and guidance to the match officials.
- Provide Bi-monthly reports and performance assessments for each of the match officials.
- Provide a consolidated performance assessment at the end of the domestic season.
- Participate in regular ERDP Department Staff and Coaches meetings
- Lead with the technical development of pre-season (MA Course) and mid-season training course content and delivery of.
Representing and promoting the interests of the AIFF and associated competitions with external stakeholders and organisations
- Promote a positive image regarding Elite Match Officials
- Support external communications
PERSON SPECIFICATION (EXPERIENCE, QUAIFICATIONS, SKILLS, APPITUDES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES)
- Experience of coaching match officials at the Elite level or having officiated at FIFA and ISL competition level within the last 3 years.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to coaching, demonstrating excellent communications skills.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality. Able to maintain effective working relationships.
- IT literate.
- Demonstrable expert knowledge and interpretation of the Laws of the Game with the ability to assist Elite match official improvement
- The ability to design action plans in accordance with the overall AIFF Strategic Plan and ERDP aims regarding match officials
- A sound understanding and empathy of the physical and mental challenges faced by Elite match officials
- Excellent communications skills, comfortable communicating at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to prioritise a mixed workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Positive team member
- Values integrity
- Collaborative and credible
- Courage to challenge
- Experience of and comfortable presenting to groups
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as ‘Application for the Post of “ERDP PROFESSIONAL MATCH OFFICIAL COACH”. Last date of Application is 12th February 2023.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason. The Candidate should be available for immediate joining.