JOB DESCRIPTION / PERSON SPECIFICATION
Job Title Operations Manager
Reports to Chief Refereeing Officer (CRO)
Location AIFF House with occasional requirement for travel
Starting date ASAP
The Elite Refereeing Development Plan (ERDP) supports the management and development of Elite match officials in India operating in the Indian Super League, I-League, Super Cup, Durand Cup, I-League Division 2, Santosh Trophy as well as other Nationally recognised competitions and tournaments. The CRO has ultimate responsibility for the effective management, training and development of all Elite match officials. To assist in the delivery of quality match officials required by the competitions, the ERDP Project Board supports the recruitment of an Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager is pivotal to ensure that seminar and fitness planning, people organisation, match official promotion, contracts, logistics and budgetary control are undertaken in a disciplined, efficient and cost-effective manner. Responsible to the CRO, the Operations Manager will hold key responsibilities for ensuring all administrative and operational tasks within the department are undertaken proficiently and that effective two-way communication is maintained with all internal and external stakeholders. All tasks are to be undertaken in a transparent manner adhering to documented policies. The role is ultimately designed to support Elite match officials enabling them to focus on improving standards of refereeing at the elite level.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
The Operations Manager will have responsibility for ensuring effective action of and adherence to agreed policies which will include:
- Timely uploading of Elite and National match official appointments onto the CMS
- Primary point of contact for the elite competitions’ operations and logistical departments
- Primary point of contact for FIFA and AFC appointments, fitness tests, AFC recruiter / instructor visits and AFC Academy
- Preparing and disseminating the logistical requirements for the match officials nominated to the Elite and National competitions as well as FIFA and AFC
- Re-appointing match officials and referee assessors during times of crisis
- Effective liaison with the CRO, Referee Assessor Manager, 4 x Coaches, Analyst andSystemsand Training Manager (STM) to assist in the development of all match officials
- Coordinate the logistical organisation of the pre-season (MA Course) and mid-season training courses and relevant fitness test
- Coordinate the logistical organisation of Project Future India, Women Development Programme and National Promotion exam
- Preparation and control of the AIFF Referee Department budget
- Control expenditure of AIFF’s ERDP budget
- Management of the Professional Match Officials salaries, match fees and expenses
- Management of the Non-Professional Match Officials’ and Referee Assessors’ match fees and expenses
- Correct data storage of formal documents, policies and minutes
- Procurement of National match officials match day apparel
- Procurement of match day communication devices and equipment, including that required for fitness tests and training, and inventory control
- Primary point of contact with the National Referee Academy Gwalior
- Deputising for the STM
- All other duties as directed by the CRO
Representing and promoting the interests of the AIFF and associated competitions with external stakeholders and organisations
- Promote a positive image regarding Elite Match Officials
- Support external communications
PERSON SPECIFICATION (EXPERIENCE, QUAIFICATIONS, SKILLS, APPITUDES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES)
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- An enthusiastic and positive approach demonstrating excellent communications skills.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Able to maintain effective working relationships.
- Highly knowledgeable and effective use of IT systems and software.
- The ability to design action plans in accordance with the overall AIFF Strategic Plan and ERDP aims regarding match officials
- A good knowledge and understanding of the Laws of the Game and a strong interest in football
- Excellent communications skills, comfortable communicating at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to prioritise a mixed workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Positive team member
- Values integrity
- Collaborative and credible
- Courage to challenge
- Experience of and comfortable presenting to groups
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to email@example.com with the subject as ‘Application for the Post of “ERDP – OPERATIONS MANAGER”. Last date of Application is 12th February 2023.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason. The Candidate should be available for immediate joining.