Reporting directly to the Chief Refereeing Officer within the AIFF, the role will have delegated responsibility for the strategy development, implementation and Member Association (MA) assistance for refereeing recruitment, retention and training across all MAs. The role’s core responsibility will be focused on Category 5-3 match officials in line with target numbers set by AIFF’s Strategic Road Map 2022.
AIFF’s Strategic Road Map 2022, in conjunction with the Elite Referee Development Plan (ERDP), is aimed at growing refereeing numbers at all levels to meet the anticipated growth in football across India in the near future years whilst identifying and preparing future referees to operate at the Elite level. The post-holder will be expected to fully and positively contribute toward the implementation and roll-out of both AIFF’s Strategic Road Map and ERDP.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- MAs’ primary point of contact within AIFF HQ for all Category 5-3 refereeing matters.
- Lead and implement the AIFF Strategic RoadMap and ERDP Work Strands for Category 5-3 referees.
- Manage and approve the appointments of match officials for State and Regional tournaments with the assistance of the Referee Department’s Operations Manager.
- Coordination of AIFF support to MAs’ referee recruitment and training plans to meet strategic targets.
- Coordination of AIFF support to MAs’ Coaching and Player training and development plans to meet strategic targets requiring refereeing expertise input.
- Strategize and tactically implement Centres of Refereeing Excellence (CORE) centred in areas of maximum potential footballing growth and in cooperation with professional club’s footballing academies.
- Management of future appointed CORE Operation Managers.
- Development and effective implementation of an AIFF Licensed Referee Instructor Programme.
- Development and effective implementation of an AIFF Licensed Referee Assessor Programme.
- Development and effective implementation of an AIFF Licensed Fitness Instructors Programme
- Development of an inspiring and transformational Basic Referees Training Course and Programme to be used across all Indian MAs.
- Deputy Project Manager of the National Referee Academy.
- Ensure effective data cleansing across all MAs of inactive or retired referees from the master RASI database on an annual basis for Category 5-3 referees.
- Effective dissemination of Elite Refereeing Training Material to all MAs Head of Referees and CORE Operations Managers to ensure a consistent approach to referee training across the whole football pyramid.
- Implementation of a Refereeing Mentoring programme across all MAs for referees qualified for 2 years or less maximising retention of newly qualified referees.
- Contribute towards the preparation and potential delivery of the pre-season training conferences across the MAs.
- Development and implementation of an AIFF Women’s Referee Programme.
- Development and implementation of an AIFF Youth Referee Programme.
- Identify talent across all MAs for accelerated promotion onto the Elite Talent Group before the age of 25 years old and selection of individuals for future Talent Contracts.
- Assist in the management of the promotion selection for Category 3-2 for both Referees and Assistant Referees.
- Adherence to all future and current Policies set by the Referees Committee.
- Attendance and participation at referee training events across the MAs actively promoting the support and development being provided to referees by the AIFF.
- Attend games as necessary to identify individuals for the Elite Talent Pool.
- All other duties as directed by the Chief Refereeing Officer.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, APTITUDES, AND PERSONAL QUALITIES)
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
- Ability to strategize and display initiative
- Managing and developing individuals
- Prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrable evidence relating to the refereeing process and practices
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Good comprehension and be able to effectively speak English
- Experience in officiating as a FIFA Referee or Assistant Referee for minimum 5 years or Elite CAT 2 for 5 years.
- Required to work from AIFF HQ Delhi.
- Thorough understanding of the technical skills, coaching, and training required to enthuse a “Learn & Grow” culture
- Comprehensive knowledge of Indian MAs football activities
- Able to use effectively Mircosoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Ability to motivate groups and individuals
- Communicating and influencing with the ability to interact
- Able to present to groups
- Able to make informed judgments
- Values integrity
- Courage to challenge
- Collaborative and credible
- Driven to deliver
- Sound knowledge of technology and learning platforms
- Experience in managing budgets
- Knowledge of Indian professional football
interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as ‘Application for the Post of “STATES REFEREE OFFICER”. Last date of Application is 22nd December 2022.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason. The Candidate should be available for immediate joining.