No of opening/s: 3 (Three); 1 Male & 2 Females
Reports to: Medical/Coaching Support Staff of respective National Football Teams
Team’s training base: Various locations in India
Type of Contract: Contract
Salary and perks: Commensurate with qualifications and experience & AIFF norms
CV & cover letter to be sent to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 15th day from opening of advertisement
Date of joining: within a week of candidate selection
The physiotherapist will be charge of injury prevention, recovery and rehabilitation programmes for the team under the direction of the Head Coach and other coaching staff. The incumbent will also be expected to work in concert with the rest of the support staff with the prime motive of controlling the physical state of the youth players in their crucial period of growth. This position will be key link in the development of youth players who will influence Indian football for the next decade and more.
The schedules of the team could be at various locations in India and overseas and the incumbent will be expected to travel and stay with the team as per the programme.
- Design and implement the injury prevention, recovery and rehabilitation programme for each member of the squad as per the requirements of the Head Coach. Also take charge of players invited on trials and during selection camps.
- Work in concert with the team staff that may include goalkeeping coach, fitness trainer, physio, team manager, analyst & others, keeping the goal of sustaining the team’s development as top priority.
- Maintain player data in terms of physical measurements and returning players to optimum match-fitness.
- Ensure wellbeing of each member in the squad or present at trials/camp. Ensure precise communication is maintained between player, head coach, fitness trainer and self from the player fitness point of view.
- Make efficient use of the available resources while maintaining medical equipment. Seek financial approvals from the team manager wherever required.
- Maintain exemplary personal behaviour to maintain and enhance the status of the Indian National team. Be a mentor and role model to the young players in the team in a way that players learn about the demands of the sport from the physical perspective. Be sensitive to the differences in the cultural background of players expected to be part of an Indian national team.
- Participate in/contribute to any seminars/teaching programmes/conferences/etc. organised by the key stakeholders viz., All India Football Federation &/or the Sports Authority of India in relation to the incumbent’s domain of expertise.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Evidence of players’ injury recovery and rehabilitation
Detailed KPI to be established and reviewed in consultation with Medical Team and Coaching staff
- At least 3 years of experience as chief physiotherapist in a professional youth football programme or any other physically demanding sport participating in international/national level competitions.
- Holder of Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy from a government recognised institute or equivalent or having commensurate experience as follows:
- International national team experience in youth and/or senior category. Being part of trophy-winning teams will be an advantage.
- Equivalent experience in any other physically demanding sport will also be considered
- Proven record of experience especially in pitch-side trauma during high-intensity competitions.
- Good communicator in Hindi and English. Other Indian languages will be a plus.
- Willing to drive own development as physiotherapist through recognised courses and licences.
- Able to visualise and pursue ambitious goals that may disrupt the prevailing scenario and take Indian football to great heights.
- Proven leadership skills and respectful attitude towards subordinates in high-pressure moments. Willing and able to create a legacy for Indian football.
- A satisfactory level of ability in using applications like Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Cover letter/CV should mention references from recognised national federations/associations with whom the candidate has worked.
- Candidates should be willing to produce Registration Certificate, other documents, as asked for, for background checks/due diligence. The documents will include, among others, original certificates in support of date of birth, educational & professional qualifications, experience certificates, etc. along with one set of self-attested photocopies.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week after the application deadline. Shortlisted candidates should be ready to present themselves for interview/s in person as and when asked for. In certain unavoidable circumstances, the interview/s could be conducted through a webcam over the internet. Related travel & lodging/boarding expenses will have to be borne by the candidate. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview/s.
As the job may involve regular overseas travel, a candidate is expected to hold a valid passport and should be able to produce documents, if asked for, to prove his/her worthiness to travel.