Reporting directly to the Chief Refereeing Officer within the AIFF, the role will have delegated responsibility for the strategy development, implementation and State Football Association (SFA) assistance for refereeing recruitment, retention and training across all Indian SFAs. The role’s core responsibility will be focused on effectively collaborate with the AIFF Strategy team to align and input refereeing activities, Category 5-3 officials target numbers for maximum impact for Indian Football.
AIFF’s Strategic & Planning Team, in conjunction with the Elite Referee Development Plan (ERDP),is aimed at growing refereeing numbers at all levels to meet the anticipated growth in football across India in the near future years whilst identifying and preparing future referees to operate at the Elite level. The post-holder will be expected to fully and positively contribute toward the implementation and roll-out of both AIFF’s Strategic Roadmap and ERDP.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Indian SFAs’ primary point of contact within AIFF HQ for all Category 5-3 refereeing matters.
- Lead and implement the AIFF Strategic Roadmap and ERDP Work Strands for Category 5-3 referees.
- Manage and approve the appointments of match officials for State and Regional tournaments with the assistance of the Referee Department’s Operations Manager.
- Coordination of AIFF support to SFAs’referee recruitment and training plans to meet strategic targets.
- Coordination of AIFF support to SFAs’ Coaching and Player training and development plans to meet strategic targets requiring refereeing expertise input.
- Strategize and tactically implement Centres Of Refereeing Excellence (CORE) centred in areas of maximum potential footballing growth and in cooperation with professional club’s footballing academies.
- Management of future appointed CORE Operation Managers.
- Development and effective implementation of an AIFF Licensed Referee Instructor Programme.
- Development and effective implementation of an AIFF Licensed Referee Assessor Programme.
- Development of an inspiring and transformational Basic Referees Training Course and Programme to be used across all Indian SFAs.
- Deputy Project Manager of the National Referee Academy.
- Ensure effective data cleansing across all Indian SFAs of inactive or retired referees from the master RASI database on an annual basis for Category 5-3 referees.
- Effective dissemination of Elite Refereeing Training Material to all SFAs Head of Referees and CORE Operations Managers to ensure a consistent approach to referee training across the whole football pyramid.
- Implementation of a Refereeing Mentoring programme across all SFAs for referees qualified for 2 years or less maximising retention of newly qualified referees.
- Contribute towards the preparation and potential delivery of the pre-season training conferences across the SFAs.
- Development and implementation of an AIFF Women’s Referee Programme.
- Development and implementation of an AIFF Youth Referee Programme.
- Identify talent across all SFAs for accelerated promotion onto the Elite Talent Group before the age of 25 years old and selection of individuals for future Talent Contracts.
- Assist in the management of the promotion selection for Category 3-2 for both Referees and Assistant Referees.
- Adherence to all future and current Policies set by the Referees Committee.
- Attendance and participation at referee training events across the SFAs actively promoting the support and development being provided to referees by the AIFF.
- Attend games as necessary to identify individuals for the Elite Talent Pool.
- All other duties as directed by the Chief Refereeing Officer.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, APTITUDES, AND PERSONAL QUALITIES)
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
- Ability to strategize and display initiative
- Managing and developing individuals
- Prioritising workload and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrable evidence relating to the refereeing process and practices
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Good comprehension and be able to effectively speak English
- Resides in Delhi
- Thorough understanding of the technical skills, coaching, and training required to enthuse a “Learn & Grow” culture
- Comprehensive knowledge of Indian SFA football
- Able to use effectively Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Ability to motivate groups and individuals
- Communicating and influencing with the ability to interact
- Able to present to groups
- Able to make informed judgments
- Values integrity
- Courage to challenge
- Collaborative and credible
- Driven to deliver
- Sound knowledge of technology and learning platforms
- Experience in officiating as a match official at Category 3 level
- Experience in managing budgets
- Knowledge of Indian professional football
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to email@example.com with the subject as "Application for the Post of “State Referee Officer”. Last date of Application is 21st November 2022. AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason. The Candidate should be available for immediate joining.