Reporting directly to the Chief Refereeing Officer (CRO) within the AIFF, the role will have delegated responsibility for the quality assurance, training development and appointing of Referee Assessors for Category 1 and 2 designated games. The role will have primary responsibilities to transform the current Referee Assessor structure, related policies, assessment scheme, assisting the States Referee Officer in developing a recognised Referee Assessor Licence Scheme, as well as being a permanent member of the Key Match Incident Review Panel. It will also be AIFF’s subject matter expert and primary point of contact on all Referee Assessor policies across all referee assessor categories.
AIFF Strategy & planning department is preparing a plan for development of referees , in conjunction with the Elite Referee Development Plan (ERDP),which is aimed at growing refereeing numbers at all levels to meet the anticipated football growth, in the near future years, across India whilst identifying and preparing future referees to operate at the Elite level. The post-holder will be expected to fully and positively contribute towards the implementation and roll-out of both ERDP& AIFF’s strategy & planning plans for development of referees.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- AIFF’s Subject Matter Expert for all aspects and policies relating to Referee Assessors.
- Indian SFAs primary point of contact on all Referee Assessor matters on behalf of theAIFF.
- Lead and implement the AIFF Strategic Roadmap Work Strand for Referee Assessors ensuring Referee Assessor numbers allow a minimum of 20 games per season at each level.
- Manage the appointments of Referee Assessors for all Category 1 & 2 matches and for State and Regional tournaments, as required, assisted by the Referee Department’s Operations Manager ensuring logistical costs are kept to a minimum.
- Quality assure all assessments inputted for Category 1 and 2 matches.
- Permanent Member of the Key Match Incident (KMI) Review Panel.
- Provide constructive feedback to Referee Assessors in line with a “Learn and Grow” culture whilst, on occasions, directing the change of assessments after KMI Review Panel decisions.
- Undertake an annual review of the current Assessment Scheme in use to ensure it meets the strategic aims of the AIFF Referee Department and fairness to match officials.
- Strategize aninitial transition to Evaluation for all Category 1 games commencing from Season 23/24.
- Develop and implement a grading system on all Category 1 and 2 assessments after audit placing Referee Assessors into a merit table driving improvements in standards.
- Assist the States Referee Officer in support of SFAs’referee assessor recruitment and training plans to meet strategic targets.
- Assist the States Referee Officer in the development and effective implementation of an AIFF Licensed Referee Assessor Programme.
- Ensure effective data cleansing across all Indian SFAs of inactive or retired referee assessors from the master RASI database on an annual basis for each category.
- Effective dissemination of Elite Refereeing Training Material to all Category 1 and 2 Referee Assessors to maintain currency of CRO’s “Key Themes” and the Referee Committee’s training policies.
- Implementation of a Referee Assessor Mentoring programme across all SFAs for referee assessors qualified for 2 years or less.
- Contribute towards the preparation and delivery of the pre-season training conferences for Category 1 and 2 Match Officials and Referee Assessors.
- Assist in the management of the promotion selection for Category 1 and 2 Referee Assessors.
- Adherence to all future and current Policies set by the Referees Committee.
- Attendance and participation at referee training events across the SFAs actively promoting AIFF support and development being provided to referee assessors.
- Attend games as necessary to review Category 1 and 2 Referee Assessors and those potentially destined for that level.
- All other duties as directed by the CRO.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, APTITUDES, AND PERSONAL QUALITIES)
Essential Qualification / Experience:
- Current or recent experience as a Category 1 Referee Assessor.
- Officiated top level matches (ISL or I-League) as a Referee and/or Assistant Referee for minimum of 5 years.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
- Ability to strategize and display initiative
- Managing and developing individuals
- Prioritising workload and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrable evidence relating to the refereeing process and practices
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Good comprehension and be able to effectively speak English
- Thorough understanding of the technical skills, coaching, and training required to enthuse a Learn & Grow culture
- Comprehensive knowledge of elite professional football
- Full knowledge of professional refereeing
- Able to use effectively Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Ability to motivate groups and individuals
- Communicating and influencing with the ability to interact
- Able to present to groups
- Able to make informed judgments
- Resilient and courageous
- Values integrity
- Courage to challenge
- Collaborative and credible
- Driven to deliver
- Current or recent licenced AFC Referee Assessor.
- Sound knowledge of technology and learning platforms
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to email@example.com with the subject as "Application for the Post of “Referee Assessor Manager”. Last date of Application is 21st November 2022. AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason. The Candidate should be available for immediate joining.