Reports to Secretary General
- Post-Graduate Degree or Diploma in Sports Medicine (NMC recognized) after MBBS.
- Relevant experience of 5-7 years
- Prior experience as a Team Doctor with National teams/ISL/I League teams.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
- Well trained in managing on-field medical situations and fundamental knowledge of emergency care regarding sporting events.
- Expert knowledge of trauma, musculoskeletal injuries, and medical conditions affecting football players.
- Should possess special proficiency in the care of musculoskeletal injuries and medical conditions encountered in female athletes.
- To establish a sports science and medical department at AIFF.
- To plan and create sports science and medical aspects in AIFF and with National teams including clubs/academies and Centres of Excellences.
- To prepare guidelines and SOPs to provide comprehensive medical care for the members of the National Football Teams& tournaments.
- Provide emergency care and long-term supervision towards the optimal physical restoration of any health or musculoskeletal issues of the team members.
- Supervise the medical staff to achieve and maintain excellence in the quality of care provided to players when the National Football team participate in training camps and competitions.
- Do pre-competition medical assessment of the players.
- To manage different on-field medical situations and to do the required first aid procedures.
- Provide clinical advice and guidance to the staff within the National Team with relevant clinical diagnosis and medical decisions best suited for the team.
- Make sure the Covid protocols are maintained within the team and premises and be the lead medical response coordinator, if cases arise.
- Send the relevant health monitoring and medical reports to AFC/FIFA, as required.
- Maintain medical reports of the team members.
- Ensure the necessary dietary patterns to athletes is delivered to maximize performance, prevent disease and improve health.
- Adhere to the latest World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) principles and regulations with regard to the use of Drugs in Sport.
Skills and abilities:
- Good interpersonal and articulate communication skills.
- To be invariably available in case of medical issue for any of the team members.
- Guidance on recovery and sports nutrition.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Bilingual Hindi and English (English Language is a must - written and spoken).
Interested candidates should mail their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as ‘Application for the Post of “Head of Sports Science & Medical." Last date of Application is 14th November 2022.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason. The Candidate should be available for immediate joining.