The Indian National Team (NT) is
preparing to participate in the AFC Asian Cup 2022 followed by other FIFA,
Asian Games’, Olympic Games’, SAFF campaigns. The AIFF is seeking to appoint technical
and support staff that will prepare the NT to deliver its best-ever results in
The fitness trainer will be charge of
fitness programmes for each member of the team under the direction of the Head
Coach. The incumbent will also be expected to work in concert with the rest of
the support staff with the prime motive of controlling the physical state of
the youth players.
The schedules of the team could be at
various locations in India and overseas and the incumbent will be expected to
travel and stay with the team as per the programme.
and implement the fitness programme for each member of the squad as per the
requirements of the Head Coach and also with a view on the future of the
player. Also take charge of players invited on trials and during selection
in concert with the team staff that may include coaches, goalkeeping coach,
physio, team manager, analyst & others, keeping the goal of sustaining each
player’s development as top priority.
player data in terms of physical measurements. Ensure recovering players return
to optimum match-fitness. Influence players to maintain fitness during
precise communication is maintained between player, head coach, physiotherapist
and self from the player fitness point of view.
efficient use of the available resources while maintaining fitness equipment.
Seek financial approvals from the team manager wherever required.
exemplary personal behaviour to maintain and enhance the status of the Indian
National team. Be a mentor and role model to the young players in the team in a
way that players learn about the demands of the sport from the physical
perspective. Be sensitive to the differences in the cultural background of
players expected to be part of an Indian national team.
in/contribute to any seminars/teaching programmes/conferences/etc. organised by
the key stakeholders viz., All India Football Federation &/or the Sports
Authority of India in relation to the incumbent’s domain of expertise.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Evidence of
individual players’ fitness level through tests & in matches
to be established and reviewed in consultation with Head Coach.
- At least 5 years of experience as chief fitness trainer in a professional football programme or any other physically demanding sport participating in international/national level competitions.
- Holder of Master’s Degree in physical training from a government recognised institute or equivalent or having commensurate experience as follows:
- at least 10 years in top-flight Club football in India or overseas (i.e. I League).
- International national team experience in youth and/or senior category.
- Equivalent experience in any other physically demanding sport will also be considered
- Expert in using fitness measurement apparatus like GPS, etc.
- Good communicator in Hindi and English. Other Indian languages will be a plus.
- Willing to drive own development as fitness expert through recognized courses and licenses.
- Able to visualize and pursue ambitious goals that may disrupt the prevailing scenario and take Indian football to great heights.
- Pleasing personality with professional attitude; willing and able to strike rapport with youth from different cultures in an environment with language limitations. Able to motivate players during their times of injury/rehab, etc. to return to full fitness as professionals.
- Proven leadership skills and respectful attitude towards subordinates. Willing and able to create a legacy for Indian football.
- A high level of ability in using applications like Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Adept at presenting analysis on fitness matters.
- Cover letter/CV should mention references from recognized national federations/associations with whom the candidate has worked.
- Candidates should be willing to produce relevant registration certificate, other documents, as asked for, for background checks/due diligence. The documents will include, among others, original certificates in support of date of birth, educational & professional qualifications, experience certificates, etc. along with one set of self-attested photocopies.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week after the application deadline. Shortlisted candidates should be ready to present themselves for interview/s in person within a week or earlier. In certain unavoidable circumstances, the interview/s could be conducted through a webcam over the internet. Related travel & lodging/boarding expenses will have to be borne by the candidate. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview/s.
- The selected candidate will be expected to join the Indian national team immediately/latest within a week of selection.
- As the job may involve regular overseas travel, a candidate is expected to hold a valid passport and should be able to produce documents, if asked for, to prove his/her worthiness to travel.
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to email@example.com with the position applied for clearly stated in the subject line.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.