The Indian National Team (NT) is
preparing to participate in the AFC Asian Cup 2022 followed by other FIFA,
Asian Games’, Olympic Games’, SAFF campaigns. The AIFF is seeking to appoint technical
and support staff that will prepare the NT to deliver its best-ever results in
The Head Coach will lead the entire squad that will include the players as well as the supporting technical and non-technical staff. The incumbent will be in charge of the technical and tactical development and performance of the team as per the overall strategic direction.
The training schedules of the team will
be continuous and at different locations in India and overseas. The incumbent
will be expected to travel and stay with the team as per the programme.
- Design, implement and conduct a holistic development program for the squad as per the philosophy of the National Team and the evolving demands of international football.
- Lead and work in concert with the team staff, that will include the team assistant coach, goalkeeping coach, fitness trainer, physio, team manager & others, keeping the goal of sustaining the team’s performance as top priority.
- Work in concert with the scouting department to conduct scouting programs and trials.
- Work in consultation with the Director - National Teams to design a competitions’ program for a steady development of the team.
- Maintain detailed calendars and reports of the team’s programs and results. Present reports to the AIFF Technical Committee at regular intervals &/or when requested.
- Maintain a rapport with non-technical departments in AIFF like media, logistics, etc.
- Make efficient use of the available resources. Seek financial approvals from the AIFF wherever required.
- Pass on domain-related knowledge & information to the existing junior staff members and players of the team.
- Maintain exemplary personal behavior to maintain and enhance the status of the Indian National team. Be a mentor and role model to the young members of the squad. Be sensitive to the differences in the cultural background of players expected to be part of an Indian national team.
- Participate in/contribute to any seminars/teaching programs/conferences/etc. organized by the key stakeholders viz., All India Football Federation &/or the Sports Authority of India in relation to the incumbent’s domain of expertise.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Team performance vis-à-vis the goals set in International competitions
- Graph of players’ development through data points that may be captured utilizing technology
to be established and reviewed in consultation with AIFF Technical Committee.
To be presented to the key stakeholders, if asked for.
- At least 10 years of experience as coach in senior women’s team.
- Holder of AFC Pro License in coaching or equivalent.
- Being part of trophy-winning teams will be an advantage. Being part of successful world cup/continental qualification campaigns will be preferred.
- Experience of having played and coached in different countries/continents will be an advantage.
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized institution or university.
- Good communicator in English. Indian languages will be a plus.
- Able to visualize and pursue ambitious goals that may disrupt the prevailing scenario and take Indian football to great heights.
- Pleasing personality with professional attitude; willing and able to strike rapport with players and staff from different cultures in an environment with language limitations.
- Proven leadership skills and respectful attitude towards subordinates in high-pressure moments. Willing and able to create a legacy for Indian football.
- A satisfactory level of ability in using applications like Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Cover letter/CV should mention references from recognized national federations/associations with whom the candidate has worked.
- Candidates should be willing to produce documents, as asked for, for background checks/due diligence. The documents will include, among others, original certificates in support of date of birth, educational & professional qualifications, experience certificates, etc. along with one set of self-attested photocopies.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week after the application deadline. Shortlisted candidates should be ready to present themselves for interview/s in person within a week or earlier. In certain unavoidable circumstances, the interview/s could be conducted through a webcam over the internet. Related travel & lodging/boarding expenses will have to be borne by the candidate. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview/s.
- The selected candidate will be expected to take charge of the Indian national team immediately/latest within a week of selection.
- As the job may involve regular overseas travel, a candidate is expected to hold a valid passport and should be able to produce documents, if asked for, to prove his/her worthiness to travel.
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to email@example.com with the position applied for clearly stated in the subject line.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.