India is proud to be hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing a total of 32 games. The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history. The tournament has a huge worldwide reach and is a golden opportunity to showcase to the world, our cities, culture, and the capability of organizing an event meeting the highest standards.
Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence on Indian Football and is primed to be a game changer for Football Vision in India through upgradation of infrastructure, improved game operations standards, and refining the overall quality of the game.
This position will be responsible for managing all the Competitions related matter at the respective venue.
To fulfill this role, the selected candidate will work extensively with FIFA’s venue representatives and other LOC Departments to ensure the readiness of the Competitions and related areas in the stadium. The candidate will also be heavily involved in training and managing the competition volunteers. This position will work alongside the Central Competitions and Team Services Manager and report to the Head of Competitions and Team Services.
- Ensuring the readiness of the overall Competitions Areas (Team Dressing Rooms, Referee Dressing Rooms, Medical and Doping Control Rooms, etc.) in line with the FIFA Requirements.
- Point of contact for the FIFA Match Director and FIFA Match Coordinator at the respective venue.
- Work alongside colleagues within the Competitions and Team Services Department (Team Services, Medical, Referee Services, Doping Control, Pitch Management, etc.) to ensure overall Competitions Area Readiness and resolve any issues faced by the participating teams at the respective venue.
- Work with other various LOC departments at the venue to ensure Competitions Area readiness (Infrastructure, Ice, F&B, Furniture and Fixtures, etc.) and any team requests related to these areas are met in a timely manner.
- Participate or assist in any ancillary events (Arrival Meetings, Match Coordination Meetings, etc.), if required.
- Coordinating the organization of the ball crew with support of the LOC Venue Marketing Manager.
- Overseeing the handover of the Competitions Area and Equipment after the closing of the respective venue.
- Create daily and venue closure report after the closing of the respective venue.
- Support the Competitions and Team Services department for any other matters involving Competitions and Team Services, as reasonably required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Sports Administration, or related fields.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Sports Event and Facilities Management, preferably within international sporting events, leagues, and international sports organisations is a plus
- Experience in managing Sports Teams is a plus
- Excellent administrative, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain focus and work well under pressure
- Ability to adapt and think fast on the feet
- Reliable and committed to meeting defined quality standards and deadlines
- Confident and comfortable working in a multicultural and international environment;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Teams);
This position requires the selected candidate(s) to start on 26th September 2022 at their allotted venue.
Interested applicants should mail their CV’s to email@example.com The last date for submitting applications is September 23, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview. LOC reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.