All India Football Federation is looking for a Head of Legal. The position is initially available for the duration of one year on a contractual basis and may be renewed based on performance. This position is based out of Football House, Dwarka, New Delhi.
Secretary General of the AIFF
Brief Description of the Department:
The Legal department manages and oversees various regulatory, disciplinary and governance matters and compliance thereof. As part of this, it manages the operations of various judicial committees of the AIFF as well as liaises on litigation matters that may be filed on behalf of the AIFF or by any other party against or related to the AIFF. The department also advises on commercial or other contracts to be signed by the AIFF and other general legal matters.
- To provide legal advice and support in connection with all AIFF Regulations
- To provide legal advice in disciplinary, governance and regulatory matters
- Prepare internal policies and procedures in line with the relevant laws
- Drafting/reviewing/amending commercial and other contracts
- To provide legal advice and support to all AIFF departments
- Manage Judicial Bodies’ Committee meetings whenever required
- To manage the secretariat function in support of the AIFF’s Judicial Bodies
- Editing Judicial Committees’ judgments /decisions in line with the Committee’s directions
- Preparing documents, as necessary, to support the Judicial Committees in the decision-making process in accordance with the relevant regulations
- Communicating decisions to concerned parties
- Managing the compliance of the decisions sent by the committees.
- Managing meetings and decision-making (at a venue, via correspondence, via tele-conference, etc)
- Attending and/ or coordinating disciplinary matters at the AIFF competitions
- Preparing competition-related disciplinary letters and notifications
- To support the development and maintenance of AIFF’s Corporate Regulatory Framework
- Follow-up of the implementation of the provisions of the Judicial and Disciplinary Rules
- Reviewing and proposing amendments to regulations/statutes/Code including Competition Regulations.
- Monitoring compliance with regulations
- Assist in implementing and educating all the stakeholders in all the above mentioned AIFF Regulations
- Giving written and/or oral advice on the regulations as well as on general legal issues to players, clubs, state associations, agents, legal advisors etc.
- Follow-up of disputes before state courts.
- Provide legal advice in relation to Court of Arbitration for Sport (“CAS”) matters.
- At least five (5) years of relevant legal experience in a sports organization and/or law firm
- Candidate must be a qualified lawyer in India
- Knowledge of drafting and reviewing contracts
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of FIFA and AFC Regulations is a must. Knowledge of AIFF Regulations is an asset.
- Post-graduate qualifications in the sports law field are an asset
- Interest in football
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work well under pressure, and to work long hours when necessary
- Excellent communication skills, organizational and management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to email@example.com with the subject as ‘Application for the Post of “Head of Legal” Last date of Application is 15th September 2022.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason. The Candidate should be available for immediate joining.