India is proud to be hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing a total of 32 games. The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history. The tournament has a huge worldwide reach and is a golden opportunity to showcase to the world, our cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event meeting the highest standards.
Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence on Indian Football and is primed to be a game changer for the Football Vision in India through upgradation of infrastructure, improved game operations standards and refining the overall quality of the game.
This position will be responsible for managing and coordinating the Volunteer Operations for the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) at either one of the host cities.
- Screen the volunteer applications received for suitability and accordingly support in interview and finalisation of the volunteers
- Work with the Senior Volunteer Manager to develop processes for volunteer attendance, meals distribution and volunteer trainings
- Coordinate with the media and marketing department to enhance the outreach of the Volunteering Programme
- Develop strategies to keep the selected volunteers engaged and motivated at all times to ensure they don’t drop out
- Creating daily and weekly reports for the Management related to the volunteer operations for your specific location
- Coordinating with the Senior Volunteer Manager and Central Volunteer Manager for finalizing volunteers, Functional Area wise and assisting with any additional volunteer requirement during the tournament period
- Coordinate with Functional Area heads for role specific training to be conducted for the volunteers
- Coordinate with the Functional Area heads during the tournament with managing volunteer schedules, grievances (if any), additional volunteer requirements etc.
- Assist with other requirements when needed
- Sports Management Graduate/Management Graduate/Human Resource Management Graduate from a recognised university
- IT experience in Volunteer Management Systems is a plus
- Minimum one (1) Year of Volunteer Management/HR Management in large scale events or organisations. Experience in sports events is an added advantage
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Hindi (spoken). Knowledge of local languages spoken in the respective host city will be an added advantage
- Ability to solve problems, negotiations and conflict resolutions
- Ability to lead a team and an excellent ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams) is a must