Background: India will host the FIFA U‐17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. It will be the first time the country hosts a women’s tournament event from the world football governing body. This is an important event of the FIFA calendar, with 16 countries playing 32 games in 3 venues across India. It has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars, among them 16 senior World Champions and will be the one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to showcase India throughout the world, its cities, culture, and the capability of organising an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Women’s Football in India, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
- To work closely with FIFA to prepare an overall project plan for all IT requirements (network & hardware) for the tournament and any ancillary events.
- To work closely with the Accreditation & IT Manager in the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications and peripherals.
- To ensure that the equipment installed at the venues are up to the specifications.
- To coordinate with IT Vendors to ensure that all the IT equipment is in place and in proper working condition.
- Assist in-house users on all aspects of IT support.
- To keep track of inventory of all the installed IT equipment in the venue like printer, laptops, computers, etc.
- To keep track of cartridges for the printers installed in the facilities.
- To ensure all the networking equipment is installed and properly functioning.
- Manage all LOC backups and assist in disaster recovery process.
- Help develop and maintain IT documentation, processes, and procedures.
- To report the Accreditation and IT Manager for the installation and decommissioning of all the equipment installed during the event.
- To coordinate with IT vendors so that all required details are provided to the Accreditation functional area in the given timeline.
- Professional with a minimum 2 years´ experience in IT in International sports events in India
- Clear understanding of all IT elements, functionality, limitations and network
- Professional who has previously monitored the performance of different vendors of the industry on specific projects
- Person who has an understanding on all troubleshooting of issues that may happen with IT, mainly PC usage, printers, connectivity hardware and others
- Advance level in Microsoft Office Platforms, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical capability
- Proven capability to work calmly under pressure in a team environment