Background: India will host the FIFA U‐17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. It will be the first time the country hosts a women’s tournament event from the world football governing body. This is an important event of the FIFA calendar, with 16 countries playing 32 games in 3 venues across India. It has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars, among them 16 senior World Champions and will be the one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to showcase India throughout the world, its cities, culture, and the capability of organising an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Women’s Football in India, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This Venue Broadcast Manager will be responsible for all broadcasting related matters for the Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2022. For that, he/she must have adequate knowledge and experience about International Broadcasting procedures and systems.
The Venue Broadcast Manager will report to the LOC Head of TV on daily functioning of the facilities on non-match days and usage on the match days. Venue Broadcast Manager will report to the Head of TV on the readiness of the facilities and compliance status of the facilities in the lead up to the tournament.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The on-ground point of contact with external stakeholders (stadium owners, State Government, etc), and Internal stakeholders for matters pertaining to TV Production & Broadcast functioning and operation to ensure that key deliverables, particularly with respect to facilities and services, are functional at the Stadium for the Event.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the Broadcast Control Room, Broadcast Compound at the stadium and report on all matters to the Head of TV for decision making.
- In charge of ensuring that all compliance procedures with regards to TV Production and Broadcasting requirements are in place and all permissions for the facilities with regards to State and/or Municipal Corporations are executed successfully.
- Coordinate with the stadium and other stakeholders to support the other LOC functional areas to schedule and implement any specific stadium activity for the tournament.
- On ground point of contact to facilitate the resolution of any issue between HBS, LOC and FIFA, TV production and Broadcast
- Support technically the Infotainment area for problem resolution in its cross connection with broadcasting needs.
- Work collaboratively with stadium staff, contractors and service providers for the TV Areas, to ensure cooperation and efficiency through the planning and operations of the tournament.
- Manage and report to the Head of TV the maintenance procedures being followed through at the stadium and other facilities on a daily basis.
- Assist with the set up and testing of all equipment carried out by the Production Company.
- Coordinate with the Venue Operations team on any other requirement to ensure a smooth flow of Broadcasting related work.
- Two to four years of experience in Sports Production and Broadcasting is mandatory.
- Diploma or degree in sports management, administration or related field is an asset. A combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience may be accepted.
- Excellent knowledge of Live OB operations, Production Management, pertaining to the field of sports and experience in football will be preferred.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Proven capacity to cope effectively under pressure and remain open to suggestions
- Knowledge of Stadiums is an added advantage.
- Having excellent command over spoken as well as written English
- Good knowledge of working with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to speak in the local language will be an added advantage