Background: India will host the FIFA U‐17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. It will be the first time the country hosts a women’s tournament event from the world football governing body. This is an important event of the FIFA calendar, with 16 countries playing 32 games in 3 venues across India. It has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars, among them 16 senior World Champions and will be the one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to showcase India throughout the world, its cities, culture, and the capability of organising an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Women’s Football in India, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be responsible for the Overlays process for the Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022. The selected Candidate is required to have a clear understanding of all requirements, comprehensive knowledge of materials/elements and quality specifications as well as extensive experience in the area of procurement in order to support all functional areas involved with the event. The installation of overlays and services will be all across stadiums, Training Sites, hotels & Airports at each Venue where the LOC is conduction the U-17 World Cup.
He/She must work closely with all key functional areas including Marketing, Media, Accreditation, Security & Competitions with respect to planning, scheduling, and delivery for the event.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for complete venue infrastructure readiness for delivery of the tournament which includes all the competition venues & training sites.
- Coordinating with all the other departments of the LOC for timely setup.
- Work with the Technical services manager on the overall execution of the venue operations requirements and execution for the tournament.
- Report on a daily basis to the technical services manager regarding the progress and establish the plan of actions to comply with benchmarks and timelines.
- Ensuring timely procurement & managing overlay & Energy additional requirement.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with legislation and that overlay requirements are planned designed and delivered safely and in accordance with health and safety legislation
- Maintain the log sheet for stadium & training sites. Manage the Volunteers for Energy & Overlay management.
- To liaise with the power contractor regarding the installation and management of the generators / power supply / power cabling.
- To prepare all documentation for the event’s power plan, including fuel management, setup timelines, technical staff management, & power-cabling.
- To supervise the provision of technical & Domestic power for all listed areas.
- Professional with extensive experience in the execution of Major Sports events in India dependent on production and implementation of overlays.
- High level of experience with estimation, scheduling, scoping and production of temporary overlays and services.
- Working knowledge of the safety & security regulations to be applied in stadiums and other types of events from an overlay’s perspective.
- Good operational understanding with respect to access planning including elements such as barricading, partitions, temporary structures, power distribution & lighting.
- Clear understanding of procurement, Overlays & Energy.
- Should have the capability to work under pressure and deliver tasks within approved timelines.
- Meticulous, detail oriented with a strong ability to organise and structure planning to support on ground delivery.
- Capacity to elaborate reports on overlays & Energy.
- Proficient with MS Word, Power point, & Excel.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to source staff, lead teams and coordinate with internal and external
stakeholders in a professional manner.