Background: India is proud to be hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing a total of 32 games. The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup has been a key steppingstone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history. The tournament has a huge worldwide reach and is a golden opportunity to showcase to the world, our cities, culture
and the capability of organizing an event meeting the highest standards.
Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence on Indian Football and is primed to be a game changer for the Football Vision in India through upgradation of infrastructure, improved game operations standards and refining the overall quality of the game.
Job Description: The Venue Media Manager will oversee all media-related matters and lead communications efforts in the Official Host City. The position will have to work closely with the Media Manager and the LOC to ensure that the tournament’s overall external and internal communication objectives are met. The position will manage the physical media operations of the Venue, employing a common communications strategy that is delivered from coast to coast across the country for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create a strong media presence and establish relationships with key media in Official Host City.
- On behalf of LOC, in charge of media matters at the venue together with FMO’s (FIFA Media Officers)
- Monitor the set-up of the venue’s media areas, including the Stadium Media Centre, media tribune, Mixed Zone, photo working positions around the pitch, press conference room, media access routes and signage.
- Control all venue-specific media operations during the competition, serving as the primary point of contact for the local, national and international media in attendance.
- Maintain close communications with the Media Manager and the Venue Manager
- Conduct duties assigned by the Media Manager
- Serve as a liaison to the FIFA Media Officer(s) at the venue and support/implement the tournament’s FIFA Media Guidelines.
- Handle seating and ticketing for the media tribune and the photographers (local media) together with the FMO.
- Review and approve media accreditation requests, as appropriate.
- Organise and implement the training of media staff and volunteers on such things as the media-focused Welcome Desk and Help Desk.
- Distributes start-list, match report and stats.
- Organise the match-day media events including the post-match press conference.
- Create a final report summarising all media operations, results, and statistics, where applicable, as well as lessons learned.
- VMM will be in charge of the Parking distribution.
Experience & Abilities
- Two years’ experience in communications.
- Command over English
- Knowledge of Local language is a bonus.
- Basic technical knowledge (the internet, TV, audio system)
- Effective communication skills in the local language (preferred).
- Belongs to the respective host city (preferred)
- Effective written and new media communication skills.
- Knowledge of media, especially in the host city, and have a good relationship with them.
- Should be familiar with the stadium, including adjustments for the tournament.
- Good stadium infrastructure and technical expertise.
- Strong leadership abilities and experience with the staff and volunteer management.
- Experience in media relations/operations for a major domestic and/or international event.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work above and beyond expectations.
- Strong organisational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
Note: This job description works as a reference of the responsibilities involved in this position. It is expected that the employee will execute other reasonable tasks asked by the Head of Department & Tournament Director.