India will host the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing 36 games in 3 venues across India. The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience of about 200 million viewers from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be primarily responsible for leading the seamless delivery of all functional areas under the Operations area at the venue level, in particular with Safety and Security, Accreditation, Access Control, Ticketing, Housekeeping and Sanitization, Overlays, Technology and Vendor Management for the Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. This position will be directly involved in policy enforcement, Operations stakeholder scheduling, coordination, briefing and overall management, venue setup and event delivery with the support of the venue team during the tournament.
He/she will report directly to the Senior Operations Manager and will support the implementation of all pre-agreed tournament operations. He/she will be required to act as a cluster in charge of the operations area coordinating closely with all the venues/functional areas and venue staff and sharing relevant information/updates from other areas, stakeholders or agencies directly involved with the on-ground delivery of the tournament.
• Support the Senior Operations Manager with implementation, monitoring and coordination with each Operations related functional area including but not limited to Safety and Security, Accreditation, Access Control, Ticketing, Housekeeping and Sanitization, Overlays, and Vendor Management at the venue level;
• Close interaction with the Senior Operations Manager for all support that Operations requires involving external stakeholders, such as facility owners, state government authorities, municipal corporations, etc; • Primary Function will be to make a well-established and extensive planning for housekeeping and general sanitization for the tournament for all the stadiums and training sites.
• Working closely with the housekeeping agency on board for the execution of the housekeeping scope of work for the tournament making sure the manpower is deployed as per required along with ensuring the scope of work is completed as per required standards.
• Monitor all the daily operations of the housekeeping department, including the cleanliness of all Competition areas, VIP areas and spectator areas daily.
• Monitor all the daily operations at all the training sites in terms of housekeeping, safety and security, venue management etc.
• Monitor and guide all other Departments at the venue, with the scheduling and execution of all other closely linked functional areas with a direct impact on tournament operations;
• Tracking all Operations requirements, deliverables and objectives and guiding/supporting functional area managers in the implementation of the same at the venue level;
• Gathering of information on existing laws or regulations that may have a direct impact on the delivery of any ancillary event or the final tournament at the venue level and highlighting the same to the LOC management to accordingly review or update any operational planning and policies;
• Support the senior Operations manager in the preparation of reports, presentations and documents for different stakeholders, primarily LOC and FIFA; for the operations venue teams including completing match readiness checklists for match day – 2, match day – 1 and match day, handover forms/sign off sheets, etc;
• Act as a nodal point of reference at the Venue level with specific input on operational detailing sharing information, raising concerns/red flags and resolving any minor issues.
• Support the operations team with any accounting procedural requirements or with the resolution of any finance-related items that may potentially impact delivery;
• Prepare a final report compiling input from all Operations Functional Areas for the assigned venue; • Develop the work in a manner consistent with the values of the organization.
• Any other functions that may be required by the LOC Leadership from time to time.
• Professional with 3+ years’ experience in the execution of international sports events, particularly, in India;
• High level of experience with operations for sports leagues in India including experience of working across all tournament functions including security, access control and accreditation, spectator services, overlays/services, marketing/sponsorship, ticketing, branding, hospitality, match operations, transportation, logistics, medical, event insurance, etc;
• Deep knowledge of general competition regulations, legal requirements, event policies/practices across sports that must be factored into tournament operations and any other ancillary events; • Capacity to elaborate reports for the LOC Leadership;
• Preference shall be given to candidates who have worked previously in the operations department for various sports league/tournaments in India and the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017, with the league/club/franchise for managerial roles or Venue Managers, Asst. Managers for IPL, ISL, PKL and HIL;
• Strong contacts within the sports industry, government, agencies are an added advantage; • Advance level in Microsoft Office Platforms, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint are mandatory;
• Strong organizational and analytical capability. Proven capability to work under pressure in a team environment. This job description works as a reference of the responsibilities involved in this position. It is expected that the employee will execute other reasonable tasks asked by the Head of Department or the Project Directors. Roles and responsibilities listed above are accordingly subject to change.