India is proud to be hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing in 32 games across multiple venues in India. The tournament has a worldwide reach and is a golden opportunity to showcase to the world our cities & cultures, as well as our capability of organizing an event meeting the highest standards.
Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 will have a lasting influence on Indian Football and is primed to be a game changer for the Football vision in India through upgradation of infrastructure, improved game operations standards and refining the overall quality of the game.
This position will be responsible for handling day to day work pertaining to the Venue Management for the Local Organising Committee for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022.
Venue Management Department is responsible for coordinating, facilitating, arbitrating, and managing the tournament planning and integration of all functional areas within the venues. Prepare for operational readiness. The position will be responsible to work in close cooperation with public authorities and other stakeholders involved.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the overall requirement for the tournament;
- Manage the specific construction and implementation requirements for the tournament;
- Establish a relationship with all the Stakeholders of the Host State with communication to make them comply with the established construction and delivery timelines in the venue for the tournament;
- Work with the Head of Venue Management on the overall execution of the venue operations requirements and execution for the tournament;
- Report on a weekly basis to the Head of Venue Management regarding the progress and establish the plan of actions to comply with benchmarks and timelines;
- Responsible for the management of documentation including but not limited to the project;
- Work in close collaboration with all the departments to the understand and fulfil the requirements of other departments pertaining to the venue;
- Liaise with Stakeholders and provide necessary assistance during the venue visits to all departments;
- Responsible for venue readiness which includes all competition venues and training sites;
- Additional duties as may warrant in line with the established scope of work of the department.
Key Performance Indicators:
Will be communicated in due time by the Head of Venue Management in accordance with the goals established between FIFA and the LOC for the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup India 2022.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in areas of Venue Operations and Stakeholders Management for Major Sports Events in India or abroad across multiple venues at a time. Experience in football events is desirable;
- Should have the ability to work under pressure and deliver tasks within approved timelines;
- Should be able to demonstrate ability to manage multiple Stakeholders;
- Graduate from a leading university. Post-Graduation or Sports Management Degree is desirable;
- Proactive, attention to deal and willingness to learn;
- Excellent command over spoken as well as written English. Ability to speak the local languages (Konkani/Odia) will be an added advantage;
- Proficient with MS Word, Power point, Excel.