India is proud to be hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing a total of 32 games. The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history. The tournament has a huge worldwide reach and is a golden opportunity to showcase to the world, our cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event meeting the highest standards.
Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence on Indian Football and is primed to be a game changer for the Visions for Football in India through upgradation of infrastructure, improved game operations standards and refining the overall quality of the game.
This position will be responsible for the complete planning, delivery and readiness of the training sites and pitch management activities (stadiums and training sites) across the host cities. He/she will work extensively with other LOC Departments, pitch maintenance contractors to monitor and report on the pitch maintenance activities, and other LOC contractors on delivery and installation of field of play and training equipment at stadiums and training sites and overall training site readiness. This position will report to the LOC Head of Competitions and Team Services.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on all pitch maintenance activities (including administrative responsibilities) at the stadiums and training sites for the tournament.
- Responsible for the coordination of delivery and installation of all field of play equipment (Goal Posts, Corner Flags, Team Benches, etc.) and training equipment at the stadiums and training sites.
- Work alongside colleagues within the Competitions and Team Services Department (Team Services, Referee Services, Medical) to ensure training sites readiness and scheduling of training sessions.
- Work alongside other LOC Departments to ensure training sites readiness for the tournament (Infrastructure, Energy, Overlays, Security, Housekeeping, etc.) as per FIFA requirements.
- Assist the Head of Competitions and Team Services on the necessary training sites staffing requirement, their training and appropriate accreditation.
- Support the Venue Training Site Staff in the day to day running of the Training Sites and report all matters to the Head of Competitions and Team Services.
- Overseeing the handover of stadium and training site pitches, field of play equipment and training equipment after the tournament.
- Support the Competitions and Team Services department for any other matters involving Competitions and Team Services, as reasonably required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sports Administration or related fields.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Sports Event and Facilities Management, preferably within international sporting events, leagues and international sports organisations is a plus;
- Knowledge of pitch management is a plus;
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills;
- Ability to solve problems, negotiations and conflict resolutions;
- Excellent ability to maintain focus and communicate and work well under pressure;
- Reliable and committed to meet defined quality standards and deadlines;
- Experience in procurement process and contract management;
- Confident and comfortable working in a multicultural and international environment;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Teams);
This position requires the selected candidate to start immediately, on culmination of the hiring process, and be based out of Goa. However, the position will require frequent travel and may require relocation.
Interested applicants should mail their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org The last date for submitting applications is May 26th, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview. LOC reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.