Job Description - IT Manager
- To work closely with FIFA to prepare an overall project plan for all IT requirements (network & hardware) for the tournament and any ancillary events.
- Ensure selection of competent & experienced service providers in line with the LOC procurement policies to provide the required IT networking & hardware setup.
- To understand and design networking diagrams as per FIFA requirements including stipulated security layers such as firewalls or physical network separation, VLAN technology and VPN tunnels.
- Identity suitable venue level IT managers and train them to ensure consistent delivery across all venues of the tournament.
- Identify the volunteer requirements for IT management and ensure proper training is provided to them across all the venues. To prepare a master schedule for the installation and implementation of IT requirements across all venues considering the activation dates of specific functional areas across the tournament.
- To provision for flexibility and contingency planning while monitoring cost components in service elements for IT items to ensure minimum deviation in event delivery.
- Work with the Head of Technical Services in the application of systems of budget control within the functional area and supervise the compliance of the
same by venue teams.
- Prepare the final report including all key milestones for the IT functional area for the Tournament including the closure of accounts of all IT suppliers.
- Develop the work in a manner consistent with the values of the organization.
- Involvement in other functions that may be required by the LOC Leadership from time to time.
- Professional with a minimum 3 years´ experience in the area of IT in international sports events in India
- Clear understanding of all IT elements, functionality, limitations and network
- Ability to source staff, lead teams and coordinate with internal and external
stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Meticulous, detail oriented with a strong ability to organize and structure
planning to support on ground delivery.
- Budget control and efficiency along with a clear understanding of cash flow.
- Capacity to elaborate reports on ICT or Accreditations for the LOC Leadership.
- Advance level in Microsoft Office Platforms, particularly Excel, Word and
- Strong analytical capability.
- Proven capability to work calmly under pressure in a team environment.