Job Description - Broadcast Manager
- To be the main local point of contact for FIFA TV and the appointed Host Broadcaster, supporting the pre-event preparation and event-time implementation of all the LOC’s broadcast-related responsibilities
- To take part in all relevant FIFA Site inspections to fully understand the broadcast needs for the event. Furthermore, it is essential that he/she establishes a solid relationship with FIFA TV / HBS, the appointed Host Broadcaster and his/her LOC counterparts to implement the relevant needs.
- To be responsible for implementation and procurement of certain broadcast infrastructure-related equipment is managed centrally in order to achieve the best budget synergies and a consistency across all stadiums
- To liaise with the power contractor regarding the installation and management of the generators / power supply / power cabling
- To prepare all documentation for the event’s power plan, including fuel management, setup timelines, technical staff management, power-cabling and “Broadcast Power Provision Plan” as the final product and delivery
- To supervise the provision of technical power for all listed broadcast areas (Broadcast Compound, production offices, commentary positions, camera positions etc.)
- To liaise with the IT Manager regarding the Broadcast needs for the event, including IP lines dedicated to Commentary, High Speed Internet Lines and telephone lines
- To coordinate of the construction and installation, as specified by FIFA TV of: Broadcast Control Room, Camera platforms & towers, furniture’s & fixtures, Cable paths, hooks and cable ducts, Cable Bridges, Temporary containers (if needed) Commentary positions, CATV infrastructure, International Broadcast Coordination Centre (IBCC), VAR Set up technical & production rooms, if required.
- To manage all Broadcast-related drawings – implementation of the Broadcast infrastructure in the official STADIUM drawings and communication of these to FIFA TV
- To supervise the sourcing and installation of containers or suitable premises for FIFA TV, the local HB, and the uplink provider
- To ensure that the necessary security and housekeeping requirements are met for the Broadcast Compound
- To support in custom clearance process as may be required by FIFA TV. To coordinate the Frequency Management for any RF equipment as may be needed.
- To appoint the Team of LOC Broadcast Venue Managers who will be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the relevant Broadcast related services at each venue
- Professional with a minimum 3 years’ experience in Sports Production and Broadcasting is mandatory.
- Diploma or degree in sports management, administration or related field is an asset. A combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience may be accepted.
- Excellent knowledge of Live OB operations, Production Management, pertaining to the field of sports and experience in football will be preferred.
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to source staff, lead teams and coordinate with internal and external
stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Proven capacity to cope effectively under pressure and remain open to suggestions
- Knowledge of Stadiums is an added advantage.
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English.