The Goalkeeping Coach will participate in the technical and tactical
development and performance of the squad Goalkeepers under the direction of the
Head Coach. Apart from being in-charge of the Goalkeeper’s training, the
incumbent will also be expected to work in concert with the rest of the support
staff with the prime motive of maintaining the progress of the team in all
respects. This position will be key link in the development of Goalkeepers who
will influence Indian football for the next decade and more.
The schedules of the team could be at various locations in India and overseas and the incumbent will be expected to travel and stay with the team as per the program.
in implementing a development programme for the squad’s Goalkeepers as per the
requirement of the team.
in concert with the team staff that may include Head Coach, Assistant coach,
fitness trainer, physio, team manager, analyst & others, keeping the goal
of sustaining the team’s development as top priority.
in conducting scouting programmes, trials and maintain player data.
efficient use of the available resources. Seek financial approvals from the
team manager wherever required.
exemplary personal behaviour to maintain and enhance the status of the Indian
National team. Be a mentor and role model to the players in the team. Be
sensitive to the differences in the cultural background of players expected to
be part of an Indian national team.
in/contribute to any seminars/teaching programmes/conferences/etc. organised by
the key stakeholders viz., All India Football Federation &/or the Sports
Authority of India in relation to the incumbent’s domain of expertise.
Key Performance Indicators:
performance vis-à-vis the goals set in International competitions
Detailed KPI to be established and reviewed
in consultation with Head Coach.
- At least 5 years + experience as goalkeeper coach with a senior national team.
- Holder of relevant Goalkeeper Coaching Licenses necessary to be registered for FIFA/AFC Championships/Qualifiers as part of key technical support staff of team.
- International national team experience in senior category. Being part of trophy-winning teams will be an advantage.
- Good communicator in Hindi and English. Other Indian languages will be a plus.
- Willing to drive own development as GK coach through AFC/FIFA recognized courses and licenses.
- Able to visualize and pursue ambitious goals that may disrupt the prevailing scenario and take Indian football to great heights.
- Pleasing personality with professional attitude; willing and able to strike rapport with individuals from different cultures in an environment with language limitations.
- Proven leader skills and respectful attitude towards subordinates in high-pressure moments. Willing and able to create a legacy for Indian football.
- A satisfactory level of ability in using applications like Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
letter/CV should mention references from recognised national federations/associations
with whom the candidate has worked.
should be willing to produce documents, as asked for, for background checks/due
diligence. The documents will include, among others, original certificates in
support of date of birth, educational & professional qualifications, experience
certificates, etc. along with one set of self-attested photocopies.
candidates will be contacted within a week after the application deadline.
Shortlisted candidates should be ready to present themselves for interview/s in
person within a week or earlier. In certain unavoidable circumstances, the interview/s
could be conducted through a webcam over the internet. Related travel &
lodging/boarding expenses will have to be borne by the candidate. No TA/DA will
be paid for attending the interview/s.
selected candidate will be expected to join the Indian national team (Senior
Men’s) immediately/latest within a week of selection.
the job may involve regular overseas travel, a candidate is expected to hold a
valid passport and should be able to produce documents, if asked for, to prove
his/her worthiness to travel.
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for clearly stated in the subject line.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.