India is proud to be hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing a total of 32 games. The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history. The tournament has a huge worldwide reach and is a golden opportunity to showcase to the world, our cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event meeting the highest standards.
Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence on Indian Football and is primed to be a game changer for the Football Vision in India through upgradation of infrastructure, improved game operations standards and refining the overall quality of the game.
Job Description – Senior Volunteer Manager
The FIFA Under 17 Women's World Cup India 2022 will be a game changer for Indian Football. Similarly, volunteers are the real "change makers" at any major international sporting event. As part of its mission the LOC and FIFA will reach out to all sections of the society to include them into the volunteer program and give them the right training and support in order for them to be able to deliver their tasks in an effective and efficient manner, thereby giving an opportunity to gain first-hand experience of working on a FIFA event and become an integral part of the Indian Football history.
This position will report to the Project Director and be responsible for working towards the complete Volunteer Program from registration of the volunteers to selection to training and on ground functioning. The selected candidate should have clear understanding of volunteer programs for major sporting events and the critical role they play for successful delivery of the tournament.
He/she should be able to deliver the volunteer program as conceptualized by the LOC in coordination with FIFA He/she should work with the various functional areas of the LOC to understand the requirements and select the right candidates for the right roles.
• Contribute to raising the profile and perception of Women's Football in India
• Work with the various functional areas and departments of LOC to deliver an efficient and effective volunteer program
• Ensure that all the requirements of volunteer support are covered in the selection of volunteers and develop detailed description of volunteer tasks and responsibilities in coordination with the respective functional areas and departments
• Detailed understanding of the FIFA global volunteer program and developing integration plan for the tournament
• Work with various institutions and organizations for registration of volunteers
• Collating, managing and presenting the information received from volunteer registrations in an easy and understandable manner
• Review the registered profiles for the volunteer program and select the volunteers based on their experience and abilities for various functions of the LOC
• Source and manage volunteers for other promotional events of FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup India 2022
• Manage the social media activations for volunteers
• Keep the volunteers continuously engaged with the World Cup from the time of registration to engagement during the tournament
• Be responsible for scoping all requirements for volunteers in terms of equipment, transport, catering, etc in each of the Venues
• In charge of the selection of Venue Volunteers Officers for all the Venues of the Tournament
• Responsible for ensuring that all the volunteers' data is produced, collated and given to the Accreditation Manager for the Accreditation process of the volunteers
• In charge of all operational matters with regards to the clothing for the volunteers, including following up with shipment, internal transportation, sizes verification, etc
• Develop training manuals and modules for the volunteers after understanding the needs and requirements of various functional areas
• Work with the respective Venue Volunteer Officers to deliver a consistent volunteer program across all the host cities
• Conduct trainings for the volunteers in coordination with the various functional areas
• Ensure that the Venue Volunteers Officers register all Volunteers on log sheets for the allowance payments
• Ensure in coordination with Venue Volunteer Officers that the volunteers and LOC adhere to the agreed terms and conditions of volunteer engagement
• Responsible for the production and distribution of appreciation certificates for all the Volunteers in conjunction with the Venue Volunteers Officers
• Prepare end of the tournament volunteer program de-brief in coordination with reports received from Venue Volunteer Officers
• Additional duties as event development may warrant