India is proud to be hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing a total of 32 games. The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history. The tournament has a huge worldwide reach and is a golden opportunity to showcase to the world, our cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event meeting the highest standards.
Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence on Indian Football and is primed to be a game changer for the Football Vision in India through upgradation of infrastructure, improved game operations standards and refining the overall quality of the game.
This position will be responsible for the complete planning and executing of the safety and security protocols for the tournament.
She/he must work together with FIFA and the relevant local authorities to create a robust safety & security plan of each of the venues to be used for the tournament and ensure compliance on the agreed plan with the concerned local authorities & FIFA.
Coordinating with FIFA Safety & Security as well as local police authorities to ensure safe & secure delivery of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup across all venues. Ensure the compliance of the Security Guarantees given by Central and State Governments for the tournament.
Appointment of Team Security Liaison Officers and providing them with the necessary trainings to ensure delivery of the assigned tasks.
Appoint and provide the necessary training to safety & security managers at all the venues to ensure consistent delivery of agreed plans.
Supervise the adequate implementation of the entry/exit controls at the stadiums and training sites.
Research of all policies relating to security planning/implementation with a direct impact on the tournament organization and delivery.
Scope the necessary overlays requirements for ensuring delivery of the safety & security plans and coordinate with the concerned LOC functional areas on delivery of the same as per the required quality standards.
Develop a stewarding plan for the tournament in coordination with FIFA & concerned authorities and ensure delivery of the same including the training program for the stewards.
- Coordinate with the local police authorities for the back ground check process for accreditation.
Prepare a final report with all the security events of the Tournament. Scope the requirements for private security or additional safety & security equipment’s that may be needed at the venues and ensure appointment of competent service providers for the same in line with the procurement policies of the organisation.
Prepare and maintain a dynamic risk register will all the potential safety & security risks associated with the tournament and come up with mitigation strategies for the same.
Other functions that may be required by the LOC Leadership from time to time. Candidate Profile:
• Professional with 5 years and above experience in the execution of events in India.
• High level of experience with access control protocol and security standards across areas such as venue operations, ticketing and accreditation. • Experience in general security planning, implementation and operations. • Deep knowledge of the security regulations to be applied in stadiums and other types of events.
• Legal experience in the compliance of contracts with Security Agencies. • Experience in dealing with Security Forces, particularly at the Central and State Government level.
• Capacity to elaborate reports of security events for the LOC Leadership. • High-level contacts with different stakeholders in the security area. • Knowledge on the operation of police convoys, VIP movement and general security practices.
• Knowledge of ticketing systems for information sharing with security. • Experience and understanding in Risk Assessment, Health and Safety Compliance and Crisis Management.
• Advanced PowerPoint skills
• Strong analytical capability. • Proven capability to work under pressure in a team environment.