India is proud to be hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing a total of 32 games. The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history. The tournament has a huge worldwide reach and is a golden opportunity to showcase to the world, our cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event meeting the highest standards.
Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence on Indian Football and is primed to be a game changer for the Football Vision in India through upgradation of infrastructure, improved game operations standards and refining the overall quality of the game.
The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) for the tournament is seeking to appoint sixteen (16) candidates, one for each participating team, for the position of Team Liaison Officer (TLO).
The TLO is responsible to act as the liaison point for their assigned team, linking FIFA, the LOC and their assigned team competing in the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022 by assisting with daily schedules, team requirements, requests, etc. along with timely communication of any matters or issues to the LOC and FIFA.
The TLO will be required to be with the team, shall stay and travel with the assigned team during the tournament, as needed, based on the teams’ progression in the competition. The TLO must ensure that their respective teams have a comfortable and successful stay in India & have a smooth departure from the country. The TLOs will primarily report to LOC Competitions and Team Services Department for the duration of their duties and may also be required to interact with other LOC Functional Areas as well as FIFA.
Through this application, the LOC plans to recruit a pool of TLO’s and will make the final selections based on the requirement of the teams that qualify for the tournament.
Pre-Tournament: Attendance for all selected TLOs is mandatory for the Official Draw, the Team Workshop and TLO Workshop. (Tentative dates will be communicated during the interview stage).
*In addition to the above-mentioned dates, the TLO would be required to be accessible on-call/email should any information regarding the respective assigned teams needs to be communicated.
During the tournament: TLOs should be exclusively available during the competition tentatively from 4th October 2022 - 31st October 2022 or until the official departure of their assigned team.
The TLO must be fluent in English and Hindi as well as the primary language of the national team with whom they are assigned to. Candidates who speak one or more of the following languages are encouraged to apply: Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Mandarin, Arabic Please attach a formal proof (language certificates) along with the CV. Candidates fluent in only English and Hindi are also welcomed to apply.
General Summary of Responsibilities:
- Primary point of contact for FIFA, the LOC, and all other relevant stakeholders on all matters related to the assigned Participating Member Association (PMA) during the competition
- Submitting a daily report to the LOC Team Services Manager and assigned Team Services Coordinator, which includes all the PMA’s activities, incidents, and movements
- Ensuring that the operations around the PMA run smoothly, as well as ensuring that FIFA and LOC policies are properly implemented
- Accompanying and assisting the PMA during the competition (all matches, training sessions and events) from its arrival in the Host Country until its departure
- Coordinating and exchanging information, in particular, any last-minute changes of the daily schedule as per agreed process
- Communicating with all stakeholders in charge of other team services related activities such as transportation, training sites, accommodation, medical, security, media, etc. when necessary
- Attending meetings, interviews, press conferences and social events as directed by the Team Manager
- Ensuring with the Team Officials that all Team Members are present and accounted for before the departure of the vehicle(s) and that they all have their accreditation (in liaison with the TSLO)
- Coordinating all PMA-related logistical operations with the Team Kit Manager; informing immediately all relevant logistics stakeholders about any changes in the PMA schedule
- Supervising of VIK PMA-related assets during delivery and collection at the Team Hotel
- Serving as the liaison between the PMA and the Team Hotel and between the PMA and the FIFA Venue Accommodation Manager responsible for the Team Hotel
- Communicating any changes in the PMA’s daily programme to the Team Hotel, Team Facilities Coordinator and/or FIFA Venue Accommodation Manager if impacted by the change
- Communicating immediately any changes in training times to LOC Team Services to be circulated to all relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring that the training site facilities and all relevant equipment are ready, including medical staff and ambulances are in place for the training sessions
- Serving as a liaison between the PMA and FIFA/LOC Travel, supporting the PMA with travel movements in accordance to the confirmed travel plans. This includes assistance with airport check-in and luggage handling as well as special requests from the PMA (where justified)
- The TLO shall maintain absolute confidentiality of the Visiting Team’s preparations, tactics, selections and all other related and confidential matters
- Any other responsibilities, including but not limited to the ones listed below, as may be reasonably required to carry out the duties.
- Must be fluent (speak, write, and read) in the national language(s) of the Participating Member Associations (PMA), for which a formal proof of language skill is required, along with fluency in English and Hindi.
- Must be familiar with the culture, customs, traditions, and political environment of the PMA
- Be knowledgeable about the Host Country, the Host Cities and local culture
- An interest in football or an understanding of the needs and demands of international elite players.
- Will be able to build effective working relationships quickly and have a proactive, solutions focused approach.
- Must have strong organizational skills and work well with people of other cultures and backgrounds.
- Be a fast learner and adaptable quickly to new information.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining calmness and sensitivity. Ability to meet tight deadlines and be flexible regarding working hours.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Will be sensitive to and aware of outside factors and influences, which may impact on the security of the team.
- Prior experience in international sports events is a plus
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should mail their CV’s along with language certificates to email@example.com The last date for submitting applications is May 15, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview. LOC reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason