India is proud to be hosting the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing in 32 games across 5 venues in India. The tournament has a worldwide reach and is a golden opportunity to showcase to the world our cities & cultures, as well as our capability of organizing an event meeting the highest standards.
Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup 2022 will have a lasting influence on Indian Football and is primed to be a game changer for the Football vision in India through upgradation of infrastructure, improved game operations standards and refining the overall quality of the game.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Head of Marketing with implementation of the marketing strategies for the Local Organizing Committee of the World Cup of the different areas related to marketing: Global commercial affiliates, National supporters, ticket sales, merchandising, promotional and ancillary events, and any other revenue or marketing area for the LOC.
The Marketing Manager will assist the Head of Marketing, together with FIFA, All India Football Federation and the Host Cities, to strategies and implement promotion plans and other marketing or commercial requirements.
The Marketing Manager will assist in delivering marketing objectives which are aligned with the Tournament legacy. She/He will work closely with the Head of Marketing and other relevant departments in managing stadium operations across host cities.
- Implementing the marketing plan for the event that includes the development of the concept for overall design, commercial operations and merchandizing;
- Managing the commercial operations for the tournament;
- Assist with marquee events concepts and operations;
- Managing all the sponsor accounts for the event, to maximize their rights, exposure and generate activations plans according to their different needs;
- Management of the inventory of promotional material for the tournament;
- Managing requirements for Host City Decoration Program and Host City logo launch;
- Identify and manage vendors which will be required for various marketing activities;
- Managing stadium operations for branding, commercial activations and sponsor presence on across the stadium;
- Familiarize with tournament brand guidelines and maintaining year-round marketing activity log along with the budget;
- Responsible for branding, and marketing operations and collaterals during press conferences and other media interactions;
- Oversee development of requests for proposals, bids, quotations and liaise with external vendors and agencies;
- Develop its work consistently with the values of the organization;
- Other tasks and projects that may be required from the Head of Marketing from time to time;
- Full university education in streams such as Marketing, Business Administration, Public Relations, Events Management, Architecture, Law or others related;
- At least 3-5 years working experience of working with live sporting events;
- Knowledge of the following Areas: Marketing, Design, Branding, Event Production and Sponsorship Deliverables;
- Experience in executing marketing operations (branding, commercial display etc), ideally in the sports industry;
- Demonstrated experience of working with agencies and vendors. Preferably with merchandizing, branding & digital agencies;
- Experience in creating business and marketing proposals;
- Strong knowledge about commercial contracts and mandates;
- Familiar with managing POP materials, design elements and BTL events;
- Strong analytical capacity and experience of working on budgeting.