India will host the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body for women. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing 36 games in 5 venues across India. The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience of about 200 million viewers from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup India 2022 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be responsible for managing and coordinating all the Security Operations for the LOC.
- Support to Local Organising Committee of FIFA Events and Tournaments in developing Safety and Security Concept and Strategy, Operational Plans, Contingency and Emergency Plans, Policies and Procedures, etc.
- Plan and manage all aspects of the safety and security for all activities taking place on venue and training sites including liaising and arranging relevant authorities in-line with all relevant tournament policies and regulations.
- Responsible for overall security risk management in accordance with policies and regulations to mitigate any issues which may potentially affect the tournament and its assets including the players and officials.
- Responsible for assisting with the management of the tournament safety staff including training and development to ensure all safety and security operations run smoothly
- Development of specific plans and procedures for inspections and security plan assessment
- Planning and coordinating Security workshops and conferences.
- Knowledge, Skills and Experience: Please give details of the knowledge, education, formal qualifications, specialised training or experience required for the job
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Sports Administration, Business Administration or related fields.
- Minimum Three (3) Years of experience in Sports Event Management Security preferably with international sporting events and international sports organisations;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Ability to solve problems, negotiations and conflict resolutions;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams);
- Excellent ability to work under pressure.