India will host the AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 from 20th January to 06th February 2022. It will be the second time in 42 years, the country hosts this event from the continental football governing body. This is the most important event of the AFC Women’s Competitions Calendar, with 12 countries playing 25 games across 3 venues. Representing the nation in the AFC Women’s Asian Cup has been an important achievement and milestone in the careers of Asian football stars and will be one of the most important events to be hosted in Indian football history.
The AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
The Training Site Officer is responsible for the complete operations of the training sites at the venue. The role will work within the Competitions and Team Services team to manage the operation of all services at the training sites and deliver upon AFC’s competition requirements. The Training Site Officer will report to the Head of Competitions and Team Services, and the LOC General Coordinator (GC) of the respective city of employment on the readiness and daily functioning of the training sites on operational usage on all match and non-match days.
- Training Site Officer will be the on-ground point of contact for all the training sites at the venue on all matters pertaining to the functioning and operation of the training sites: facilities and services during the Tournament.
- Implement and ensure on site all required levels of service are being met (field of play, campus lighting, dressing room lighting, operation of gates, water, cleaning and waste management etc)
- Responsible for the day to day running of the training sites and report all matters to the LOC General Coordinator, who will, in turn, escalate to head of concerned departments for decision making.
- Work with the LOC HQ Team to ensure that the training sites are AFC compliant and ready with all the requirements before the start of the tournament.
- Coordinate with the training site stakeholders to support the other LOC functional areas to schedule and implement any specific program for the tournament (timelines, permits, installation, and removal of all temporary structure and furniture, etc).
- Provide support and advice to the FA’s to ensure that the training sites are run always in accordance with the terms and conditions of the operating licenses and permissions and in accordance with the LOC policies.
- Work collaboratively with training site staff, contractors and service providers to ensure cooperation and efficiency through the planning and operations of the tournament.
- On ground point of contact for the LOC and report on the maintenance of pitches at the training sites and main stadiums both during the pre- tournament and tournament phase.
- Coordinate with the LOC Competition and Team Services team to ensure that all technical equipment including goal posts, corner flags, team benches etc are installed and the field of play is ready for the tournament.
- Responsible for on ground coordination with the cleaning agency to ensure that the training sites are in a clean and hygienic condition and all COVID-19 bio-medical guidelines in place for the tournament are adhered to.
- Coordinate with the LOC Venue Competitions Manager and Medical Coordinator for the medical services for the teams are in place.
- Coordinate with the Technical Services team to ensure the setup, testing and maintenance of all utilities.
- Assist the Head of Competitions & Team Services on the necessary training site staff required for the tournament that may require accreditation.
- Two years of experience in event management. Experience in sports tournaments and management of a stadium/training site is a plus.
- Diploma or degree in sports management, administration or related field is an asset. A combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience may be accepted
- Knowledge of sport event operations, venue operations, energy overlay, facility management and project management pertaining to the field of sports and experience in football will be preferred
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to remain open to suggestions and not easily intimidated by challenges.
- Proven capacity to cope effectively under pressure and not easily phased by stress.
- Experience in dealing with different organisations is a plus.
- Strong service-oriented approach.
Key Performance Indicators:
Will be communicated in due time in accordance with the goals established between AFC and the LOC for the AFC Women’s Asian Cup 2022.
Note: This job description works as a reference of the responsibilities involved in this position. It is expected that the employee will execute other reasonable tasks asked by the Head of Department & Project Director(s).