India will host the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body for women. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries playing 36 games in 5 venues across India. The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience of about 200 million viewers from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA Under 17 Women’s World Cup India 2022 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be responsible for managing and coordinating all the Team Services Operations for the LOC.
- Work with the various departments of the LOC to deliver top class services for the participating teams;
- Be responsible for team requests before and during the tournament, as well as during tournament closure;
- Develop various team and referee services related documents, operational concepts, plans and procedures;
- Coordinate and work with the Event Services Department for processing all visa requests of participating teams;
- Work with other LOC departments in developing comprehensive transport schedule and accommodation plan for the participating teams;
- Coordinate all the Team requisites, such as visas, transportation and venue visits for the Official Draw;
- Prepare welcome packages for Team workshop for the Official Draw;
- Ensuring all relevant tournament requirements and requests from the participating teams are met in a timely and efficient manner by coordinating with other LOC departments;
- Coordinate with and assist venue staff for any matters involving participating teams;
- Support the staffing of the Venue Competitions Managers and develop a comprehensive training programme for them;
- Support in the selection of the Team Liaison Officers (TLO);
- Prepare content and assist in the delivery of the TLO workshop during the Official Draw;
- Manage the team liaison officers throughout their term of engagement with the LOC.
- Work with the team liaison officers to resolve any issues faced by the participating team;
- Ensure that relevant changes and information involving the Teams are duly communicated to the relevant Departments;
- Assist in any ancillary Events that may involve the participation of teams;
- Assist in creating project closure and transfer of knowledge reports after the tournament;
- Support the Head of Competitions and Team Services for any other matters involving Competitions and Team Services, as reasonably required.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Sports Administration, Business Administration or related fields.
- Minimum Three (3) Years of experience in Sports Event Management preferably with international sporting events and international sports organisations;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken). Any FIFA language is a plus.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Experience in dealing with large delegations and their various requests (for e.g. transport, food, accommodation and other requests);
- Demonstrated stakeholder relationship management skills and prior experience in dealing with large sporting delegations and other various stakeholder groups;
- Ability to multitask, strong time management and organisational skills;
- Ability to solve problems, negotiations and conflict resolutions;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams);
- Excellent ability to work under pressure.
Key Performance Indicators:
Will be communicated in due time by the Head of Competitions and Team Services in accordance with the goals established between FIFA and the LOC for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2022.