Number of positions - 2
The AIFF is creating the next cycle of
Indian national youth teams that will participate in AFC, FIFA, Asian Games’,
Olympic Games’ campaigns and eventually serve Indian Women’s football in the
long term. The AIFF is seeking to appoint a technical team and support staff
skilled at nurturing talent in the crucial stage of youth development as per
the demands of International football.
The fitness trainer will be in-charge of fitness programmes for each member of the team under the direction of the Head Coach. The incumbent will also be expected to work in concert with the rest of the support staff with the prime motive of controlling the physical state of the youth players in their crucial period of growth. This position will be key link in the development of youth players who will influence Indian football for the next decade and more.
The schedules of the team could be at
various locations in India and overseas and the incumbent will be expected to
travel and stay with the team as per the programme.
and implement the fitness programme for each member of the squad as per the requirements
of the Head Coach and also with a view on the future of the player. Also take
charge of players invited on trials and during selection camps.
in concert with the team staff that may include coaches, goalkeeping coach,
physio, team manager, analyst & others, keeping the goal of sustaining each
player’s development as top priority.
player data in terms of physical measurements. Ensure recovering players return
to optimum match-fitness. Influence players to maintain fitness during
precise communication is maintained between player, head coach, physiotherapist
and self from the player fitness point of view.
efficient use of the available resources while maintaining fitness equipment.
Seek financial approvals from the team manager wherever required.
exemplary personal behaviour to maintain and enhance the status of the Indian
National team. Be a Mentor and role model to the young players in the team in a
way that players learn about the demands of the sport from the physical
perspective. Be sensitive to the differences in the cultural background of
players expected to be part of an Indian national team.
in/contribute to any seminars/teaching programmes/conferences/etc. organised by
the key stakeholders viz., All India Football Federation &/or the Sports
Authority of India in relation to the incumbent’s domain of expertise.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Evidence of individual players’ fitness level through tests & in matches
- Head Coach assessment
to be established and reviewed in consultation with Head Coach.
- At least 5 years of experience as chief fitness trainer in a professional youth football programme or any other physically demanding sport participating in international/national level competitions.
- Holder of Master’s Degree in physical training from a government recognised institute or equivalent or having commensurate experience as follows:
- at least 10 years in top-flight Club football in India or overseas.
- International national team experience in youth and/or senior category.
- Equivalent experience in any other physically demanding sport will also be considered.
- Expert in using fitness measurement apparatus like GPS, etc.
- Good communicator in Hindi and English. Other Indian languages will be a plus.
- Willing to drive own development as fitness expert through recognised courses and licences.
- Able to visualise and pursue ambitious goals that may disrupt the prevailing scenario and take Indian football to great heights.
- Pleasing personality with professional attitude; willing and able to strike rapport with youth from different cultures in an environment with language limitations. Able to motivate players during their times of injury/rehab, etc. to return to full fitness as professionals.
- Proven leadership skills and respectful attitude towards subordinates. Willing and able to create a legacy for Indian football.
- A high level of ability in using applications like Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Adept at presenting analysis on fitness matters.
- Cover letter/CV should mention references from recognised national federations/associations with whom the candidate has worked.
- Candidates should be willing to produce relevant registration certificate, other documents, as asked for, for background checks/due diligence. The documents will include, among others, original certificates in support of date of birth, educational & professional qualifications, experience certificates, etc. along with one set of self-attested photocopies.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week after the application deadline. Shortlisted candidates should be ready to present themselves for interview/s in person within a week or earlier. In certain unavoidable circumstances, the interview/s could be conducted through a webcam over the internet. Related travel & lodging/boarding expenses will have to be borne by the candidate. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview/s.
- The selected candidate will be expected to join the Indian U-20 national team (Women) immediately/latest within a week of selection.
- As the job may involve regular overseas travel, a candidate is expected to hold a valid passport and should be able to produce documents, if asked for, to prove his/her worthiness to travel.
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for clearly stated in the subject line.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.