Number of positions - 2
The AIFF is creating the next cycle of
Indian national youth teams that will participate in AFC, FIFA, Asian Games’,
Olympic Games’ campaigns and eventually serve Indian Women’s’ football in the
long term. The AIFF is seeking to appoint a technical team and support staff
skilled at nurturing talent in the crucial stage of youth development as per
the demands of International football.
The physiotherapist will be in-charge of injury prevention, recovery and rehabilitation programmes for the team under the direction of the Head Coach. The incumbent will also be expected to work in concert with the rest of the support staff with the prime motive of controlling the physical state of the youth players in their crucial period of growth. This position will be a key link in the development of youth players who will influence Indian football for the next decade and more.
The schedules of the team could be at
various locations in India and overseas and the incumbent will be expected to
travel and stay with the team as per the programme.
and implement the injury prevention, recovery and rehabilitation programme for each
member of the squad as per the requirements of the Head Coach. Also take charge
of players invited on trials and during selection camps.
in concert with the team staff that may include goalkeeping coach, fitness
trainer, physio, team manager, analyst & others, keeping the goal of
sustaining the team’s development as top priority.
player data in terms of physical measurements and returning players to optimum match-fitness.
wellbeing of each member in the squad or present at trials/camp. Ensure precise
communication is maintained between player, head coach, fitness trainer and
self from the player fitness point of view.
efficient use of the available resources while maintaining medical equipment.
Seek financial approvals from the team manager wherever required.
exemplary personal behaviour to maintain and enhance the status of the Indian
National team. Be a mentor and role model to the young players in the team in a
way that players learn about the demands of the sport from the physical
perspective. Be sensitive to the differences in the cultural background of
players expected to be part of an Indian national team.
in/contribute to any seminars/teaching programmes/conferences/etc. organised by
the key stakeholders viz., All India Football Federation &/or the Sports
Authority of India in relation to the incumbent’s domain of expertise.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Evidence of players’ injury recovery and rehabilitation
- Head Coach assessment
to be established and reviewed in consultation with Head Coach.
- At least 2 years of experience as chief physiotherapist in a professional youth football programme or any other physically demanding sport participating in international/national level competitions.
- Holder of Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy from a government recognised institute or equivalent or having commensurate experience as follows:
- at least 10 years in top-flight Club football in India or overseas (i.e. I League).
- International national team experience in youth and/or senior category. Being part of trophy-winning teams will be an advantage.
- Equivalent experience in any other physically demanding sport will also be considered
- Proven record of experience especially in pitch-side trauma during high-intensity competitions.
- Good communicator in Hindi and English. Other Indian languages will be a plus.
- Willing to drive own development as physiotherapist through recognised courses and licences.
- Able to visualise and pursue ambitious goals that may disrupt the prevailing scenario and take Indian football to great heights.
- Pleasing personality with professional attitude; willing and able to strike rapport with youth from different cultures in an environment with language limitations. Able to motivate players during their times of injury/rehab, etc. to return to full fitness as professionals.
- Proven leadership skills and respectful attitude towards subordinates in high-pressure moments. Willing and able to create a legacy for Indian football.
- A satisfactory level of ability in using applications like Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Cover letter/CV should mention references from recognised national federations/associations with whom the candidate has worked.
- Candidates should be willing to produce Registration Certificate, other documents, as asked for, for background checks/due diligence. The documents will include, among others, original certificates in support of date of birth, educational & professional qualifications, experience certificates, etc. along with one set of self-attested photocopies.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week after the application deadline. Shortlisted candidates should be ready to present themselves for interview/s in person within a week or earlier. In certain unavoidable circumstances, the interview/s could be conducted through a webcam over the internet. Related travel & lodging/boarding expenses will have to be borne by the candidate. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview/s.
- The selected candidate will be expected to join the Indian U-20 national team (Women) immediately/latest within a week of selection.
- As the job may involve regular overseas travel, a candidate is expected to hold a valid passport and should be able to produce documents, if asked for, to prove his/her worthiness to travel.
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to email@example.com with the position applied for clearly stated in the subject line.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.