The AIFF is creating the next cycle of
Indian national youth teams that will participate in AFC, FIFA, Asian Games’,
Olympic Games’ campaigns and eventually serve Indian Women’s’ football in the
long term. The AIFF is seeking to appoint a technical team and support staff
skilled at nurturing talent in the crucial stage of youth development as per
the demands of International football.
The Head Coach will lead the entire
squad that will include the players, the supporting technical and non-technical
staff. The incumbent will be in charge of the technical and tactical development
and performance of the team as per the overall strategic direction in
consultation with the AIFF Technical Committee. As head coach of an age-group National
team, the incumbent will be expected to understand and manage the fine balance
between development and performance. This position will be responsible for creating
a passage for players from age-group into senior national team football apart
from managing the short-term targets. This will be the base of players who will
influence the progress of Indian football for the next decade and more.
The training schedules of the team could
be at various locations in India and overseas and the incumbent will be
expected to travel and stay with the team as per the programme.
implement and conduct a holistic development programme for the squad as per the
philosophy of the national team and the evolving demands of International
and work in concert with the team staff, that may include the team assistant
coach, goalkeeping coach, fitness trainer, physio, team manager & others,
keeping the goal of sustaining the team’s development as top priority. Nurture junior
staff members and players.
in concert with the Scouting department to conduct scouting programmes and
in consultation with the Director - National Teams to design a competitions’
programme for a steady development of the team.
detailed calendars and reports of the team’s programme and results. Present
reports to the AIFF Technical Committee at regular intervals &/or when
a rapport with non-technical departments in AIFF like media, logistics,
efficient use of the available resources. Seek financial approvals from the
team manager wherever required.
exemplary personal behaviour to maintain and enhance the status of the Indian
National team. Be a mentor and role model to the young players in the team. Be
sensitive to the differences in the cultural background of players expected to
be part of an Indian national team.
in/contribute to any seminars/teaching programmes/conferences/etc. organised by
the key stakeholders viz., All India Football Federation &/or the Sports
Authority of India in relation to the incumbent’s domain of expertise.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Team performance vis-à-vis the goals set in International competitions
- Graph of players’ development through data points that may be captured utilising technology
to be established and reviewed in consultation with AIFF Technical Committee.
To be presented to the key stakeholders, if asked for.
- At least 5 years of experience as head coach in a youth football programme. Past experience with a National Team programme will be an advantage. Proven track record in development of players.
- Holder of AFC A Licence in coaching or equivalent or having playing experience of at least 10 years in top-flight Club football in India or overseas (i.e. Hero I League, NFC).
- Experience of having played or coached in overseas conditions e.g. against AFC opposition.
- NIS/Graduate in any discipline from a Government of India recognised institution or university.
- Good communicator in Hindi and English. Other Indian languages will be a plus.
- Willing to drive own development as coach through AFC/FIFA recognised courses and licences.
- Able to visualise and pursue ambitious goals that may disrupt the prevailing scenario and take Indian football to great heights.
- Pleasing personality with professional attitude; willing and able to strike rapport with youth from different cultures in an environment with language limitations.
- Proven leadership skills and respectful attitude towards subordinates in high-pressure moments. Willing and able to create a legacy for Indian football.
- A satisfactory level of ability in using applications like Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Cover letter/CV should mention references from recognised national federations/associations with whom the candidate has worked.
- Candidates should be willing to produce documents, as asked for, for background checks/due diligence. The documents will include, among others, original certificates in support of date of birth, educational & professional qualifications, experience certificates, etc. along with one set of self-attested photocopies.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week after the application deadline. Shortlisted candidates should be ready to present themselves for interview/s in person within a week or earlier. In certain unavoidable circumstances, the interview/s could be conducted through a webcam over the internet. Related travel & lodging/boarding expenses will have to be borne by the candidate. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview/s.
- The selected candidate will be expected to take charge of the Indian U-20 national team (Girls’) immediately/latest within a week of selection.
- As the job may involve regular overseas travel, a candidate is expected to hold a valid passport and should be able to produce documents, if asked for, to prove his/her worthiness to travel.
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to email@example.com with the position applied for clearly stated in the subject line.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.