All India Football Federation is looking for an Assistant
Legal Manager within the Players Status & Registration Department. The
position is initially available for the duration of one year on a contractual
basis and may be renewed based on performance. This position is based out of Football House,
Dwarka, New Delhi.
Description of the Department:
PSRD manages the players registered throughout India via AIFF's Centralised
Registration System, wherein a player's registration/renewal and transfer is
approved by AIFF without which he/she cannot participate in any Competition
organised/ sanctioned by AIFF or its Member Associations and Affiliated Units.
department also manages the disputes that are related to a player and club
and/or an official and Intermediaries registered with AIFF.
detail, this department currently manages or deals with the following
- AIFF Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players (AIFF RSTP)
- AIFF Training Compensation Code (part of AIFF RSTP)
- AIFF National Dispute Resolution Chamber (part of AIFF RSTP)
- AIFF Regulations on Working with Intermediaries
- Drafting / reviewing / amending the above mentioned AIFF Regulations
- Assist in implementing and educating all the stakeholders in the above mentioned AIFF Regulations
- Manage AIFF Players' Status Committee meetings whenever required.
- To act as the Secretary/Deputy Secretary to the Players Status Committee.
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with disputes, namely labour disputes between players and clubs, coaches and clubs or associations, club / club disputes in connection with the transfer of a player, solidarity contribution and training compensation disputes.
- Interpreting contracts related to players’ employment and transfers.
- Revising transfer and employment litigations that are submitted to the AIFF competent bodies.
- Editing players’ status judgements/decisions in line with the Committee’s directions.
- Preparing documents, as necessary, to support the Player Status Committee in the decision-making process in accordance with the relevant regulations.
- Managing the Compliance of the decisions sent by the committees.
- Giving written and/or oral advice on the regulations as well as on general legal issues to players, clubs, state associations, agents, legal advisors etc.
- At least one (1) years of relevant legal experience in a sports organisation and/or law firm.
- Candidate must be a qualified lawyer
- Post-graduate qualifications in the sports law field are an asset
- Knowledge of drafting and reviewing contracts
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral
- Interest in football
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work well under pressure in a team environment, and to work long hours when necessary
- Excellent communication skills, organisational and management skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as ‘Application for the Post of Assistant Legal Manager - PSRD’.
Only shortlisted candidates
will be called to attend a face to face interview at a time & date which
will be communicated via email.
AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications
without assigning any reason. The Candidate should be able to join latest by end