Background: India will host the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2020. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar for Women’s Competitions, with 16 countries participating in the competition. The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup has been a key steppingstone in the careers of a large part of world football stars and will be one of the most important events ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience of about 200 million viewers from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organising an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
Job Description: This position will be responsible for implementing the marketing strategies for the LOC of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020 of the different areas related to marketing: sponsors relationship, merchandising, branding and any other revenue or marketing area for the LOC.
The Head of Marketing must work together with Tournament Director, FIFA, All India Football Federation and the Host Cities to produce a decoration programme in each community, establish public space agreements in the cities and other marketing or commercial requirements.
The Head of Marketing must work jointly with the Tournament Director of the LOC to implement strategies, action plans, protocols and business plans that have as an objective fulfil the Mission and Vision of the Organisation.
- Head the LOC Marketing Department within the preparation work of the LOC of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020
- Contact potential National Supporters to ensure a large revenue generation from that end for the LOC;
- Implement the marketing plan for the event that includes the development of the concept for overall design, mascot, logo and merchandising;
- Manage all the Sponsor accounts for the event, to maximize their rights, exposure and generate activations plans according to their different needs;
- Supervise the execution of the sponsor contracts, the services tenders and instruct the rest of its team about the legal considerations of every agreement;
- Implementation of external positioning and brand concept for the event, considering with FIFA´s, the Federation and other interested parties’ requirements;
- Implement the marketing strategy of legacy programme for the World Cup;
- Manage the inventory of promotional material for the tournament;
- Implement, in conjunction with FIFA, the Host City Decoration Program;
- Apply budget control systems in the area and supervise the expenditures for the Marketing and Commercial team;
- Work Efficiently with FIFA and other interested parties in all the commercial and marketing activities;
- Develop its work consistently with the values of the organization;
- Other tasks and projects that may be required from the Tournament Director from time to time.
Personnel in Charge: Will be agreed by the Tournament Director and the Head of Marketing once this hiring process ends and there is a definite plan for this area.
Key Performance Indicators: Will be communicated in due time by the Tournament Director in accordance with the goals established between FIFA and the LOC for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020. The indicators will be calculated on the basis of the Marketing deliverables and Marketing requirements met in a timely manner.
- Full university education in careers such as Commercial Engineering, Public Relations, Marketing, Law or others related;
- Sales and Marketing master’s degree is a plus;
- At least 5 years working experience and 2 year in leadership positions;
- Candidate that has previously worked on the Marketing or Commercial Areas of Public or Private Companies;
- Knowledge of the following Areas: Sales, Marketing, Communications, Sponsorship and Law;
- Working legal knowledge for the procurement of contracts;
- Experience in executing marketing strategies, ideally in the sports industry;
- Experience in managing and controlling large expenditure budgets;
- Proven track record in managing big sponsors accounts;
- Excellent relationship with sponsors, with special attention to all their requirements and maximizing their rights;
- Proven track records in client management and retention;
- Knowledge of Public and Private Tenders;
- Previous experience participating in international sporting events or with teams in international competitions;
- Experience with creating sponsorship proposals according with rights negotiated beforehand;
- Familiar with managing POP materials, design elements and BTL events;
- Strong analytical capacity;
- Proven leadership capacity and good relationship with subordinates in high stress moments;
- Excellent communication - written and oral - skills;
- Advanced Level of knowledge in Microsoft Office platforms such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint;
- Work Experience in sports and start-up companies is a plus.