FIFA UNDER 17 WORLD CUP INDIA 2017
Position: Operations Coordinator
Area: Operations Department
Reports to: Sandeep Mancha, Head of Operations Local Organising Committee
Place: New Delhi, India
Type of Contract: Conditions to be confirmed by the Organization
Email Application with CV to: email@example.com
Email Subject : Operations – Operations Coordinator
Application Deadline: 08th July 2017
India will host the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2017. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar, with 24 countries playing 52 games in 6 venues across India. It has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars, among them 16 senior World Champions and will be the most important event ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture, and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA U-17 World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be primarily responsible to support in the detailed and seamless delivery of all functional areas related to Operations, in particular Accreditation, Security, Overlays and Vendor Management for the Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017. This position will be directly involved in different stages, such as project timelines review, process finalization, policy enforcement, human resource management, travel logistics scheduling and finalization as well as support with the management and event delivery phase with venue teams during the tournament.
He/She will report directly to the Head of Operations and will support with the planning, preparation and execution of tournament operations including the compilation of all documentation and compliances for FIFA during and after the closure of the event. This position will be required to aggregate feedback, compile resolution policies/tickets and circulate information to support the on-ground delivery of the tournament with the venue teams.
He/She must work together with the Operations department of the LOC to implement strategies, plans of action and protocols that have as a mission the operational delivery of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017.
- Overall responsible to monitor and enforce Project timelines for the Operations department.
- Overall responsible for reviewing and detailing of resource planning, preparation and monitoring of contracts, invoicing and induction program.
- Planning and management of all travel logistics for the Operations functional areas across all venues as well as the central team.
- Supporting the Central Operations team with preparation of reports and training material for Operations related functional areas including but not limited to Security, Accreditation, Technology, Overlays and Vendor Management.
- Tracking all Operations requirements, deliverables and objectives and guiding/supporting functional area managers in the implementation of the same.
- Collating information from all venues and preparation of reports, presentations and documents for post tournament reporting.
- Working closely with the Central Operations Manager to liaise with Operations Venue Managers in requesting for information, raising concerns/red flags and resolving any minor issues as per tournament policies.
- On-ground support to the Operations Venue Teams during the tournament phase wherever necessary.
- Support in the preparation of templates/coordination documents for the operations venue teams including match readiness checklists for official training sessions, venue setup, match day – 1, match day, venue shutdown as well as online flash reports, handover forms/sign off sheets, etc.
- Support the operations team with any accounting procedural requirements or with the resolution of any finance related items with the AIFF Finance division that may potentially impact delivery.
- Monitor systems of budget control across all the Operations functional areas and supervise the compliance of the same by all Operations Functional Area Managers.
- Support other Departments, if required, in the planning and execution of all other closely linked functional areas – in particular marketing/ticketing, accreditation, transportation/logistics and overlays.
- Prepare a final report compiling input from all Operations Functional Areas and ancillary events of the Tournament.
- Develop the work in a manner consistent with the values of the organization.
- Any other functions that may be required by the LOC Leadership from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adherence to timelines & deliverables on implementation of processes for the Operations function area.
- Efficient management of operations staff movement logistics to support the delivery of the event.
- Collation, formatting, proof reading and finalization of all tournament reports of all functional areas.
- Detail oriented, process driven with a strong reporting and documentation skills.
- Good communicator – to be able to coordinate with various internal stakeholders.
- Efficient utilization of the resources and minimization of wastage.
- Continuous monitoring and updation of issue logs for all venues.
- Compilation and support on the finalization of tournament reports from each of the functional areas.
- Professional with experience in event project management in particular with a background in human resource planning.
- Solution oriented, flexible in terms of planning with a key understanding of supply chain logistics & stadium operations as well as event delivery in India.
- Clear understand of operations for sports leagues in India including experience of working across all tournament functions including security, access control and accreditation, overlays/services, marketing/sponsorship, ticketing, branding, hospitality, match operations, transportation, logistics, medical, event insurance, etc.
- Basic knowledge of general competition regulations, legal requirements, event policies/practices across sports that must be factored into tournament operations and any other ancillary events.
- Experience of managing/leading teams with a calm temperament and a keen attention to detail.
- Capacity to elaborate reports for the LOC Leadership.
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have worked previously in a project management function with the league/club/franchise in IPL, ISL, PKL or HIL or in the Organising Committee of large scale international sporting events in India in a project management capacity.
- Knowledge of security structures and regulations in India is an added advantage.
- Advance level in Microsoft Office Platforms, particularly Excel, Word and Powerpoint is mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical capability.
- Proven capability to work under pressure in a team environment.