LOC FIFA U-17 WORLD CUP INDIA 2017
Position: Accreditation Venue Officer
Area: Operations Department
Reports to: Megha Walia, Central Operations Manager, Local Organising Committee
Functional Area Lead: Accreditation Coordinator, Local Organising Committee
Place: Goa / Guwahati/ Kochi / Kolkata/ Navi Mumbai / New Delhi
Type of Contract: Conditions to be confirmed by the Organization
Email Application with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: Operations – Accreditation Venue Officer
Application Deadline: Thursday 15th June 2017
India will host the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2017. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar, with 24 countries playing 52 games in 6 venues across India. It has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars, among them 16 senior World Champions and will be the most important event ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA U-17 World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be responsible to deliver the Accreditations functional area for a designated venue for Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017. The selected candidate is required to study and develop a comprehensive understanding of the implementation requirements of the FIFA accreditation structure and should be able to adapt it to the legal and operational requirements of the specified venue. He/she must also have a comprehensive understanding of all facilities with regard to circulation and access as well as sound operational experience in order to support all functional areas involved with the event.
In particular, he/she is expected to lead a venue accreditations team in the implementation of accreditation, factoring in circulation paths for each accredited category with regard to zoning, to notifying and processing applications for all operational stakeholders, in particular services and tournament operations, up until the production and delivery of accreditations in keeping with any security component within the specified timelines for the tournament.
The implementation of Accreditation will be across any facility associated with the FIFA World Cup India 2017 including stadiums, training sites, hotels, airport, etc., in keeping with the FIFA Accreditation Guidelines.
He/she must work under the direct supervision of the Operations Venue Manager and will functionally report to the Accreditations Coordinator. He/she will also manage requests directed by any approved personnel from FIFA. The Accreditation Venue Officer is tasked with the overall accreditation process from application, production, security compliance and distribution for the tournament at the venue level.
He/she must work in close coordination with the entire venue team to comply with the goal of match-day operational readiness of facilities for the tournament.
- Scheduling, coordination and implementation of the entire accreditation process at the venue level as per the FIFA guidelines.
- Supporting the Safety and Security Venue Manager in briefing all security role players and those controlling access to share information, operational planning and competition requirements of the FIFA accreditation structure.
- Incorporating any local laws, security requirement specified by State Police/ Government into the implementation of the Accreditations structure in line with directions from the Central Operations team.
- Supporting the FSO and Safety and Security Venue Manager with the placement of Zone Access Boards and implementation of the stadium /training site zoning plan as per the FIFA guidelines and Venue Zoning Plan.
- To work closely with the Central Operations Team and relay information from all venue specific departments to collate and track lists of applicant groups at the assigned venue.
- Plan & implement a data collection flow after coordination with various departments and suppliers to ensure that all the required data is collected in the FIFA assigned format as per the Venue Accreditation timelines
- First level data verification of all submitted applications prior to approval for submission for security verification report compilation.
- Ensuring that all data required for security verification processing is compiled and dispatched to the Central Operations Manager for submission to the relevant security authorities.
- Filtering any security flagged entries from the data designated for production or alternatively removal of flagged applicants from the distribution stock and handing over/destroying flagged items.
- Lead the badge production schedule and ensure timelines are met
- Ensure the production of badge requests from the Accreditation Coordinator and handover to the relevant partner.
- Ensuring that all the distributed badges have been processed under the security verification terms and conditions in accordance with the policy enforced.
- Keeping a stock check on the inventory of pouches, SADs, lanyards and all other accreditation hardware.
- Prepare a timeline for reviewing applications, security verification, and production and distribution windows to meet operational requirements.
- Briefing the FIFA GC/AGC with regard to any special instructions in terms of SAD requirements for local staff.
- Monitoring movement and fine-tuning access control on all match days and in particular after the implementation of SAD protocol for Zone 1 and 2 and notifying the LOC Safety and Security Venue team.
- Maintain a due diligent expense sheet to account for all the work related expenses along with appropriate bills to file for expense claim and supervise the compliance of the same by his/her team.
- Coordination with different accreditation recipient stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of the accreditation processes.
- Prepare a final report including all key milestones for the Accreditations functional area for the Tournament including notes on readjusted timelines, application flow/requirements/communications, production planning and implementation, security coordination and integration, software application and important modifications/capabilities as well as flow/coordination/communication with FIFA for the assigned venue.
- Develop the work in a manner consistent with the values of the organization.
- Involvement in other functions that may be required by the LOC Leadership from time to time.
- Provide daily reports during the tournament outlining in detail the context, the relationships with various agencies/ partners, challenges and the implemented solutions for the same.
- Accept and execute relevant additional responsibilities as requested by the Central Accreditation Manager.
Personnel in Charge:
Will be agreed by the Central Operations Manager, Accreditation and ICT Manager and Accreditation Coordinator once this hiring process ends and there is a definite plan for this area.
The Accreditation Venue Officer would lead a team of 8 -10 people, mostly volunteers, to implement the complete accreditation process at the venue level.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ability to read maps and plans to comprehend access schematics and detect any unforeseen irregularities.
- Liaising and coordinating with the various representatives of applicant groups to collect data in the required format and through the required channel
- Classifying and segmenting the data received in an orderly fashion as per the guidelines provided
- Verification of all the applicant details before they are shared with the Security Cell.
- Timely sharing of the applicant data in the required format with the Security Cell/ State Police/ Designated Security Structure and maintaining a clean, transparent communication channel about the same with the Central Accreditation team
- Production of the accreditation badges with the correct zone access and category code with minimal wastage of material and efficient management of manpower.
- Keeping a continuous and updated inventory stock list to be shared at intervals as agreed by the Accreditation & ICT Manager
- Professional with diversified experience in the execution of operations of international sports events.
- 1-2 years of experience with operations & accreditation including access control and stadium operational circulation.
- Working knowledge of the security regulations to be applied in stadiums and other types of events from an accreditations perspective.
- Experience of handling police/security requests, as well as government departments and sporting federations in terms of accreditation requirements for international sporting events.
- Budget control and efficiency along with a clear understanding of cash flow.
- Capacity to elaborate reports on Accreditations for the LOC leadership.
- Advance level in Microsoft Office Platforms, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical capability and meticulous work ethic.
- Proven capability to work under pressure in a team environment.
- Meticulous, detail oriented with a strong ability to organize and structure planning to support on ground delivery.
- Solution oriented individual with clear communication and leadership skills.
- Willingness to learn, deliver all requirements within targeted timelines irrespective of stipulated working hours.
This job description works as a reference of the responsibilities involved in this position. It is expected that the employee will execute other reasonable tasks asked by the Tournament or Project Directors. Roles and responsibilities listed above are accordingly subject to change.