FIFA UNDER 17 WORLD CUP INDIA 2017
Position: Safety & Security Venue Manager
Area: Operations Department
Reports to: Clive Jaglal, Head of Safety & Security, Local Organising Committee
Place: Goa/Guwahati/Kochi/Kolkata/Navi Mumbai/New Delhi
Type of Contract: Conditions to be confirmed by the Organization
Email Application with CV to: email@example.com
Email Subject: Operations – Safety & Security Venue Manager
Application Deadline: 20th June 2017
India will host the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2017. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar, with 24 countries playing 52 games in 6 venues across India. It has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars, among them 16 senior World Champions and will be the most important event ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA U-17 World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be responsible of coordinating Security and Safety elements at the specified venue for the Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017. For that, he/she must further develop and oversee all Security and Safety planning & implementation for all tournament related facilities including stadiums, training sites, hotels, airports, etc, on behalf of the LOC in line with FIFA Safety & Security Regulations. He/she must develop and maintain a strong relationship facilitating a smooth exchange of information with all the different stakeholders that will provide services in the area.
He/She must work together with FIFA, Government of India, State Governments and Municipal Corporations to facilitate the execution of all security requirements for the specified venue.
Work closely with the FSO and/or Security Training Programme personnel in terms of the ongoing education and training of all Security Forces and Stewards employed during events. Shall also conduct all briefings, devise a training and education Programme and be available to provide guidance and advice to all venue staff directly involved with Safety and Security operations.
He/She must work together with the Executive Leadership of the LOC to implement strategies, plans of action and protocols that have as a mission to comply with the goal of secure stadiums in the World Cup.
- Act as liaison between State Police, Stewards, Private Security and any other Safety/Security role player in line with operational planning agreed with the Operations Venue Manager & FIFA General Coordinator and actively address all requests put forward by the FIFA FSO;
- Implement the planning that has been agreed by the LOC Leadership with the different stakeholders at the venue level for Safety & Security matters;
- Act as the liaison for all venue Safety & Security role players managing the requirements of teams, officials, VIPs, FIFA staff as well as general spectators;
- Ensure that FIFA Stadium Safety and Security Regulations are adhered to across the venue;
- Provide guidance and advice on all items of Safety & Security as needed and seek support from the FSO wherever necessary;
- Compile standard pre-match, match and post-match reports to in consultation with the FSO;
- Preempt any issues that may affect the safety and security of the stadium, training sites, airports, hotels, transport/movements to the Operations Venue Manager and FSO on a regular basis;
- Report any matters of match fixing that come to his/her attention to FIFA immediately;
- Coordinate with all roleplayers for stadium security and safety inspections within the required timeline in order to make the venue operational for all events;
- Coordinate the VOC/SCC setup and coordination, to monitor the:
- Crowd flow into and out of the stadium;
- Crowd behaviour;
- Acts of racism;
- Standards and behaviour of stadium security staff, especially those positioned around zones 1 and 2;
- In the event of any safety and security incidents or potential incidents, coordinate with the stakeholders to ensure that appropriate follow up and remedial action is taken to prevent reoccurrence;
- Organise all safety and security briefings inviting all roleplayers and where required chair such meetings between all relevant agencies and stadium staff;
- Maintain regular contact with the VOC and senior police commander from kick off until after the stadium is clear of all spectators, teams, officials including any persons engaged in anti-doping testing;
- Liaise with the LOC Venue Coordination Manager to ensure that all necessary State emergency services remain in place until all spectators/players/officials have left the facility;
- Coordinate all security requirements for the arrival and departure of teams, referees, VIPs, etc;
- Coordinate with the authorities to ensure that emergency vehicle access is in place and kept free from obstruction throughout the match;
- Coordinate with LOC Medical to ensure that Medical Plan is in place and all service providers are in position as per planning and support with emergency operations in coordination with security role players wherever necessary;
- Enforce the deployment of security forces as per the access schematic to ensure that the FIFA zones are in place and effectively policed, with particular attention to the integrity of zone 1 (field of play) and zone 2 (FIFA Offices and changing rooms);
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of FIFA's Accreditation system and policies and ensure that accreditation and SADs are being correctly used and adhered to;
- Attend all pre-match meetings and provide information on:
- Safety and security situation;
- Safe Capacity and Expected attendance;
- Match risk rating;
- Potential problems;
- Other safety and security issues;
- Coordinate and assist with steward pre-match briefings;
Personnel in Charge:
Will be agreed by the Head of Operations and Head of Safety and Security once this hiring process ends and there is a definite plan for this area.
Key Performance Indicators:
Will be communicated in due time in accordance with the goals established between FIFA and the LOC for the World Cup. The indicators will be calculated on the basis of the preparedness of the Venues, FIFA´s satisfaction with Security and Security requirements met on a timely manner.
- Prior experience with the armed forces (Captain grade and higher) or Police officer (DCP/SSP/SP Grade) is preferred;
- Experience with organizing events of mass gathering and security, operations & logistics implementation requirements;
- Experience in security management of team logistics and movements, execution of international or national sports events pan India within the scope of the legal framework;
- High level of experience with access control protocol and security standards across areas such as facility operations, ticketing and accreditation;
- Clear understanding of the security regulations applicable in stadiums and other types of events;
- Knowledge of Safety and Security laws and structures nationally and state specific;
- Capacity to elaborate reports of security events for the LOC Leadership;
- Capacity to conduct a risk assessment of a venue/facility and manage security implementation in line with outcomes;
- Good communicator with the ability to multitask coordinating various stakeholders such as Police, Traffic, Intelligence, Municipal Corporation, Disaster Management, Anti Sabotage Units, Fire and Medical Suppliers, etc.
- Clear understanding of Ticketing systems and Access Control for information sharing with security;
- Experience and understanding in Risk Assessment, Health and Safety Compliance and Crisis Management;
- Understand and be an active member of the VOC / Safety and Security Centre on event days;
- Advance level in Microsoft Office Platforms, particularly Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Strong analytical capability and reporting structures within the LOC;
- Proven capability to work under pressure in a team environment;
- Must be able comfortable with flexible working hours as per requirements;
- Must provision for own transport and accommodation if required to relocate.
This job description works as a reference of the responsibilities involved in this position. It is expected that the employee will execute other reasonable tasks asked by the Tournament or Project Directors.