FIFA UNDER 17 WORLD CUP INDIA 2017
Position: Safety & Security Venue Coordinator
Area: Operations Department
Reports to: Clive Jaglal, Head of Safety & Security, Local Organising Committee
Functionally Reports to: Venue Safety and Security Manager, Local Organising Committee
Place: Goa/Guwahati/Kochi/Kolkata/Navi Mumbai/New Delhi
Type of Contract: Conditions to be confirmed by the Organization
Email Application with CV to: email@example.com
Email Subject: Operations – Safety & Security Venue Coordinator
Application Deadline: 20th June 2017
India will host the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2017. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar, with 24 countries playing 52 games in 6 venues across India. It has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars, among them 16 senior World Champions and will be the most important event ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA U-17 World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be responsible of supporting the implementation of Security and Safety elements at the venue for the Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017. For that, he/she must work closely with the Venue Safety and Security Manager with all Security and Safety planning & implementation for all tournament related facilities including stadiums, training sites, hotels, airports, etc, on behalf of the LOC in line with FIFA Safety & Security Regulations. He/she must develop and maintain a strong relationship facilitating a smooth exchange of information with all the different stakeholders that will provide services in the area.
He/She must work together with the Operations Venue Team, FIFA, Government of India, State Governments and Municipal Corporations to facilitate the execution of all security requirements for the specified venue.
The Venue Safety and Security Coordinator shall also support with the preparation of material for the education and training of all Security Forces and Stewards employed during events. He/she will also support all briefings in line with the devised training and education Programme and shall be available to provide guidance and advice to all venue staff directly involved with Safety and Security operations.
He/She must work together with the Executive Leadership of the LOC to implement strategies, plans of action and protocols that have as a mission to comply with the goal of secure stadiums in the World Cup.
- Support the LOC Safety & Security Venue Manager with coordination between State Police, Stewards, Private Security and any other Safety/Security role player in line with operational planning agreed with the Operations Venue Manager & FIFA General Coordinator and actively address all requests put forward by the FIFA FSO;
- Collate all relevant information/data to support the smooth integration of Safety & Security role players managing the requirements of teams, officials, VIPs, FIFA staff as well as general spectators;
- Ensure that FIFA Stadium Safety and Security Regulations are adhered to across the venue;
- Prepare standard pre-match, match and post-match reports gathering all relevant documentation from various safety and security stakeholders in consultation with the LOC Security & Safety Manager & Operations Venue Manager;
- Form a strong communication network with all security role players to feed information on safety & security items with respect to the stadium, training sites, airports, hotels, transport/movements to the LOC Venue Safety and Security Manager and the Operations Venue Manager on a regular basis;
- Report any matters of match fixing that come to his/her attention to FIFA immediately;
- Support in the coordination with all roleplayers for stadium security and safety inspections within the required timeline in order to make the venue operational for all events;
- Support with the setup & making operational the VOC/SCC to ensure that the facility properly allows the safety & security role players to monitor:
- Crowd flow into and out of the stadium;
- Crowd behaviour;
- Acts of racism;
- Standards and behaviour of stadium security staff, especially those positioned around zones 1 and 2;
- Engage a logger to make a note of all incidents or safety & security items picked up in the VOC.;
- Support the LOC Safety & Security Venue Manager with the organisation of all safety and security briefings, inviting all roleplayers and where required chair such meetings between all relevant agencies and stadium staff;
- Maintain regular contact with the VOC and senior police commander from kick off until after the stadium is clear of all spectators, teams, officials including any persons engaged in anti-doping testing;
- Provide clearance to all necessary emergency services to leave the stadium once all the spectators/players/officials have left the facility;
- Assist with the deployment of all security requirements for the arrival and departure of teams, referees, VIPs, etc;
- Coordinate with the Venue Coordination Manager to ensure that emergency vehicle access is in place and kept free from obstruction throughout the match;
- Inspect all medical facilities pre-match confirming once all service providers are in position as per planning and support with emergency operations in coordination with security role players wherever necessary;
- Enforce the deployment of security forces as per the access schematic to ensure that the FIFA zones are in place and effectively policed, with particular attention to the integrity of zone 1 (field of play) and zone 2 (FIFA Offices and changing rooms)
- Work closely with the FSO to supervise the players entering and leaving the pitch. If there is animosity between the teams, ensure that the teams are segregated;
- Assist FSO with supervision of player movement through the mixed zone;
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of FIFA's Accreditation system and policies and ensure that accreditation and SADs are being correctly used and adhered to;
- Attend all pre-match meetings and support with the compilation of information on:
- Safety and security situation;
- Safe Capacity and Expected attendance;
- Match risk rating;
- Potential problems;
- Other safety and security issues;
- Help schedule and organise steward pre-match briefings;
- Coordinate with the Central Operations Manager and the Venue Accreditation Officer to ensure that Security Verification reports are dispatched in a timely fashion.
Personnel in Charge:
Will be agreed by the Head of Operations and the Head of Safety and Security once this hiring process ends and there is a definite plan for this area.
Key Performance Indicators:
Will be communicated in due time in accordance with the goals established between FIFA and the LOC for the World Cup. The indicators will be calculated on the basis of the preparedness of the Venues, FIFA´s satisfaction with Security and Security requirements met on a timely manner.
- Experience with organizing events of mass gathering and security, operations & logistics implementation requirements;
- Understanding with respect to operational management of team logistics and movements & security coordination;
- Ability to quickly grasp access control protocol and security standards across areas such as facility operations, ticketing and accreditation;
- Clear understanding of the security regulations applicable in stadiums and other types of events;
- Knowledge of Safety and Security laws and structures nationally and state specific;
- Capacity to elaborate reports of security events for the LOC Leadership;
- Good communicator with the ability to multitask coordinating various stakeholders such as Police, Traffic, Intelligence, Municipal Corporation, Disaster Management, Anti Sabotage Units, Fire and Medical Suppliers, etc;
- Advance level in Microsoft Office Platforms, particularly Excel, Word and Power Point and strong documentation ability;
- Strong analytical capability and reporting structures within the LOC;
- Proven capability to work under pressure in a team environment;
- Must be able comfortable with flexible working hours as per requirements;
- Must provision for own transport and accommodation if required to relocate;
This job description works as a reference of the responsibilities involved in this position. It is expected that the employee will execute other reasonable tasks asked by the Tournament or Project Directors.