FIFA UNDER 17 WORLD CUP INDIA 2017
Position: Operations Manager
Area: Operations Department
Reports to: Sandeep Mancha, Head of Operations Local Organising Committee
Place: New Delhi, India
Type of Contract: Conditions to be confirmed by the Organization
Email Application with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Subject: Operations – Operations Manager
Application Deadline: 7th June 2017
India will host the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 2017. It will be the first time the country hosts an event from the world football governing body. This is the third most important event of the FIFA calendar, with 24 countries playing 52 games in 6 venues across India. It has been a key stepping stone in the careers of a large part of world football stars, among them 16 senior World Champions and will be the most important event ever to be hosted in Indian football history.
The tournament has a huge worldwide reach, with an estimated global audience from almost 200 different countries, which is a golden opportunity to show India throughout the world, its cities, culture and the capability of organizing an event of the highest standards.
The FIFA U-17 World Cup will have a lasting influence in Indian Football, upgrading the infrastructure, setting up proper game operations standards and improving the overall quality of the game. Undoubtedly, the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 is primed to be a game changer for Indian Football.
This position will be primarily responsible for supporting in the detailed and seamless delivery of all functional areas related to Operations, in particular Accreditation, Security, Overlays and Vendor Management for the Local Organising Committee of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017. This position will be directly involved in different stages, such as policy enforcement, recruitment phase, setup, management and event delivery phase with venue teams during the tournament.
He/She will report directly to the Head of Operations and will support with the planning, preparation and execution of tournament operations including the compilation of all documentation and compliances for FIFA. This position will be required to act as an interface binding functional areas and venue teams and relaying information/updates from other areas, stakeholders or agencies directly involved with the on-ground delivery of the tournament.
He/She must work together with the Executive Leadership of the LOC to implement strategies, plans of action and protocols that have as a mission the operational delivery of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017.
- Supporting the Head of Operations with planning, monitoring and coordination with each Operations` related functional areas, including but not limited to Security, Accreditation, Technology, Overlays and Vendor Management;
- Tracking all Operations requirements, deliverables and objectives and guiding/supporting functional area managers in the implementation of the same;
- Gathering information on existing laws or regulations that may have a direct impact on the delivery of any ancillary event or the final tournament;
- Preparation of reports, presentations and documents for different stakeholders, primarily FIFA;
- Review and update of all operational planning and policies against local conditions;
- Act as a cluster in-charge for the operations area coordinating closely with an assigned block of venues/functional areas requesting for information, raising concerns/red flags and resolving any minor issues as per tournament policies;
- On-ground support to the operations venue team during the tournament phase wherever necessary;
- Support in the preparation of templates/coordination documents for the operations venue teams including match readiness checklists for match day – 2, match day – 1 and game day, online flash reports, handover forms/sign off sheets, etc;
- Support the operations team with any accounting procedural requirements or with the resolution of any finance related items with the AIFF Finance division that may potentially impact delivery;
- Monitor systems of budget control across all the Operations functional areas and supervise the compliance of the same by all Operations Functional Area Managers;
- Support other Departments, if required, in the planning and execution of all other closely linked functional areas – in particular marketing/ticketing, accreditation, transportation/logistics and overlays;
- Prepare a final report compiling input from all Operations Functional Areas and ancillary events of the Tournament;
- Support in the recruitment, training and guidance for staff across the Operations function areas in each of the Venues;
- Develop the work in a manner consistent with the values of the organization;
- Any other functions that may be required by the LOC Leadership from time to time.
Personnel in Charge:
Will be agreed by the Tournament Director and Head of Operations once this hiring process ends and there is a definite plan for this area.
Key Performance Indicators:
Will be communicated in due time in accordance with the goals established between FIFA and the LOC for the World Cup. The indicators will be calculated on the basis of the preparedness of the Venues, FIFA´s satisfaction with overall operational requirements.
- Professional with extensive experience in the execution of international sports events, particularly, in India;
- High level of experience with operations for sports leagues in India including experience of working across all tournament functions including security, access control and accreditation, overlays/services, marketing/sponsorship, ticketing, branding, hospitality, match operations, transportation, logistics, medical, event insurance, etc;
- Deep knowledge of general competition regulations, legal requirements, event policies/practices across sports that must be factored into tournament operations and any other ancillary events;
- Experience of managing/leading teams with a calm temperament and a keen attention to detail;
- Capacity to elaborate reports for the LOC Leadership;
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have worked previously with operations with the league/club/franchise as a TOM/ATOM/Venue Manager for IPL, ISL, PKL and HIL;
- Strong contacts within the sports industry, government, agencies are an added advantage;
- Knowledge of security structures and regulations in India is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of procurement planning for overlays and services in India is an added advantage;
- Advance level in Microsoft Office Platforms, particularly Excel, Word and Powerpoint is mandatory;
- Strong organizational and analytical capability.
- Proven capability to work under pressure in a team environment.
This job description works as a reference of the responsibilities involved in this position. It is expected that the employee will execute other reasonable tasks asked by the Tournament or Project Directors. Roles and responsibilities listed above are accordingly subject to change.