The Goalkeeper Coach, Women’s U-17 National Team (U-17 WNT), will report to the Head Coach, U-17 WNT, and is accountable for the performance of the goalkeepers of the U-17 team in training, matches and competitions the team participates in during the term of the coach’s contract.
- Prepare, train/coach the Goalkeepers in the Women’s U-17 National Team.
- Preparation of a training schedule, team preparation, and individual development plans.
- Planning of training sessions.
- Coordinate with football department to create individual development plans and plan individual player meetings to coordinate the developed plans.
- Support the team in all matches, training sessions and camps of the relevant National Team.
- Hold workshops and offer advice and assist in the mentoring of other National Team and/or Indian Goalkeeper coaches from time to time.
- To set, monitor and develop high quality professional standards and team ethic for the players.
- To liaise with the Head Coach for the selection of new players by providing evidence of how the current players are performing vs the expected standards. Having an input into the decisions that are made.
- Participate in seminars/workshops/conferences organized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MYAS)/ Sports Authority of India (SAI), as permitted by the National Team schedule.
- Good working relationship and cooperation with the media and communications department.
- Mandatory cooperation with AIFF on media and other appearances and promotions to meet commercial (including media, sponsor and broadcast commitments) and game promotion requirements, including but not limited to social media, website and e-learning as directed by AIFF.
- Be able to conduct any media related interviews, press conferences or filming requests pre- approved by AIFF. Also represent the Federation where requested at official functions, events and initiatives.
- Communicate effective and consistent media messages.
- Role model & ambassador of AIFF.
- Any other responsibility as directed by AIFF from time to time.
Key Requirements – Football & Operational:
- Minimum of 6-8 years of coaching experience.
- Experience as a goalkeeper coach of a youth national team will be preferred with experience of coaching in the world cup and continental championships an advantage
- Minimum of AFC Goalkeeping Level 3 license or equivalent.
- Experience as a football player (not necessarily at the highest national level).
- Sound experience in management of relationships; understanding needs, cultural sensitivity and working with AIFF partners including media and sponsors.
- Willingness to share knowledge and mentor other national team and Indian goalkeeping coaches.
- A dynamic, confident communicator with the ability to adapt style and approach as and when required.
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to priorities team objectives over individual objectives.
- Respectful – Create a truthful, hard working environment that fosters a respectful atmosphere within the team and with other technical and administrative staff.
- Highest standards of professional and personal conduct, especially confidentiality, and respect for colleagues.
- Willingness to cooperate with and support AIFF’s media and digital requirements.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be flexible in approach to achieve desired outcomes.
- Able to identify, develop and support football talent.
- Able to maintain clear, consistent, and decisive leadership and management of football teams.
- A clear sense of purpose to drive action and inspire innovation amongst staff.
- Set and maintain high standards of work performance and deliver quality consistently and efficiently.
- Planning to achieve around fixed deadlines, and problem solving skills using initiative and sensitivity.
- Possessing communication skills that are clear, engaging and responsive to the target audience.
- Develop networks, create and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Have facilitation skills, including the ability to manage and resolve tensions, disputes and conflicts.
- Have the ability to operate effectively in a fast-moving environment.
- Proficient with technology that supports the coaching process.
Interested candidates should mail their applications along with CVs, cover letter and proof of relevant qualification at email@example.com with the subject as “Application for the Post of U-17 WNT G K Coach - Name” and also state their expected remuneration. Only shortlisted candidates will be called, and they may be asked to make a presentation and/or attend an interview at a time & date which will be communicated on the e-mail ID provided by the shortlisted applicant. AIFF reserves the right to cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.