The Fitness Coach, Women’s U-17 National Team (U-17 WNT), will report to the Head Coach, U-17 WNT,
and is accountable for the physical conditioning of the U-17 team in training, matches and competitions
the team participates in during the term of the Fitness Coach’s contract.
- To report regularly to the Head Coach the physiological aspects of the players of the relevant National Team
- Prepare, train/coach the players of the Women’s U-17 National
- Ensure all physiological aspects of the players are monitored including the dietary intake.
- Preparation of a training schedule, team preparation, monitoring of players via the GPS system, and creation of individual development plans.
- Planning of training sessions.
- Planning individual player meetings to coordinate the individual development plans.
- Support the team in all matches, training sessions and camps of the relevant National Team.
- Liaise with the team medical & physio staff regarding rehabilitation/training and the availability of injured players
- To co-ordinate the injury management & medical issues of all National team U17s players.
- Injury Prevention: Reduce the risk of injury occurrence with the development of appropriate screening and injury prevention strategies.
- Rehabilitation: Facilitate evidence-based protocols for return to full function of the players and allow them to compete at the highest level while minimizing the risk of reoccurrence of injury.
- Player Load & development: Manage & lead the development of long-term load & athletic development ensuring injury risk management & performance enhancement are all part of the same process.
- Hold workshops and offer advice and assist in the mentoring of other National Team and/or
- Indian Fitness coaches from time to time.
- Participate in seminars/workshops/conferences organized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs &
- Sports (MYAS)/ Sports Authority of India (SAI), as permitted by the National Team schedule
- Understanding of industry best practice with respect to physiological training and development of players and sports science
- Good working relationship and cooperation with the media and communications department
- Mandatory cooperation with AIFF on media and other appearances and promotions to meet commercial (including media, sponsor and broadcast commitments) and game promotion requirements, including but not limited to social media, website and e-learning as directed by AIFF.
- Be able to conduct any media related interviews, press conferences or filming requests pre-approved by AIFF. Also represent the Federation where requested at official functions, events and initiatives.
- Communicate effective and consistent media messages.
- Role model and ambassador of AIFF.
- Any other responsibility as directed by AIFF from time to time
Key Requirements – Football & Operational
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience of working with National Team/s
- Experience of having worked with a youth national team will be preferred
- Qualification of Masters in exercise and sports science with knowledge of strength and conditioning
- Proven track record of success in competitive football
- Proven track record of low player injuries and quick return to play
- Proven track record of developing players
- Sound experience in management of relationships; understanding needs, cultural sensitivity and working with AIFF partners including media and sponsors
- Willingness to share knowledge and mentor other national team and Indian fitness coaches
- A dynamic, confident communicator with the ability to adapt style and approach as and when required
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and to priorities team objectives over individual objectives
- Respectful – Create a truthful, hard working environment that fosters a respectful atmosphere within the team and with other technical and administrative staff.
- Highest standards of professional and personal conduct, especially confidentiality, and respect
- for colleagues
- Willingness to cooperate with and support AIFF’s media and digital requirements
- Enthusiasm and willingness to be flexible in approach to achieve desired outcomes
Last date of applying is 25th August 2019.
Interested candidates should mail their applications along with CVs, cover letter and proof of relevant
qualification at email@example.com with the subject as “Application for the Post of U-17 WNT Fitness
Coach - Name” and also state their expected remuneration. Only shortlisted candidates will be called
and they may be asked to make a presentation and/or attend an interview at a time & date which will
be communicated on the e-mail ID provided by the shortlisted applicant. AIFF reserves the right to
cancel/reject the vacancy or applications without assigning any reason.